1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomacy: AI offering a trade it doesn't want.

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by GarTwo, Oct 26, 2014.

1. GarTwo

GarTwo Chieftain

Playing Marathon difficulty, Kozlov offered to trade 450 of my ~7000 gold in exchange for four favors. Clicking accept changes the dialog to him saying that's not a good enough offer.

2. Obbutemp

Obbutemp Chieftain

I've actually had this happen too: clicking 'what will make this work' resulted in them adding open borders to the deal to sweeten it for them.

3. GarTwo

GarTwo Chieftain

Me too, added 5 more gold and open borders.

4. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

In Civ V, when a trade is up for renewal, occasionally an AI will say something to the effect that this trade is no longer worth it to them and they want you to sweeten the deal. Are you sure that's not what's happening here?

5. Lanth

Lanth Warlord

Haven't played CiV, but did play CIV and earlier.

In BE, when a trade ends, you just get a notification about it. You don't get a meeting with the leader asking to extend it. Kind of annoying actually.

6. cakeman

cakeman Chieftain

Nope, Ive had it too.. on several occasions..

They come to me, they offer me a favor and want a bulk amount of energy, a 30 round tribute of 1 energy a turn, and open borders..

if you click accept, they say its not good enough and want you to sweeten the deal..

cakes..

7. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Do you have a save which demonstrates this problem?

8. werothegreat

werothegreat Warlord

I've had the same problem, and was going to start my own thread if there wasn't one!

For the most part, trade has occurred as it has in CiV, with the addition of favors. When an AI wants to renew a deal, the standard "I liked this, let's do it again" pops up, and you can refuse or accept.

The problem is that sometimes the AI pops up and says "Hey, I need some help! How about giving me some stuff for a bunch of favors?" And when you hit "accept," they say "This deal isn't good enough!" Which is very annoying.

On another note, I think the favor to resource ratio needs some rebalancing. Sometimes the AI will offer 1 favor for 15 energy or 3 of a strategic resource, and that seems fine. But a few times they've offered 1 favor in exchange for anywhere from 35 to 80 science. This is ridiculous (sometimes its half the science I'm making), particularly since the AI is EXTREMELY hesitant to trade their own science. Either lower the amount of science they ask for, or have them offer more favors.

9. Pnothy

Pnothy Chieftain

I have also encountered this bug twice. Both times they asked me for help and accepting their own offer was not good enough.

Regarding the science 'favor' I agree too. I have been nice this game, agreeing upon most requests. However, helping out with 50% of my own science for 30 turns, in return for 1 favor (netting 30 energy or so) seems way out of balance.

10. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

If anyone can snag a save from the turn before this occurs, it would be very helpful. Thanks!

11. Risch

Risch Chieftain

This is difficult to reproduce because it's hard to know if and when the AI will pop in with an offer. Had this happen to me only once so far with Fielding, "hostile" the turn prior, now "guarded". Offered 4 favors for 400 gold. No problem, I thought, and said yes. Instantly she says I'll need to do better. I was so baffled I just clicked out of it.

12. Pnothy

Pnothy Chieftain

I had it again just now, so I reloaded the autosave and saved it just before my turn ends. I confirmed this save will again generate the favor question.

Élodie will ask for 4 floatstone in exchange for 1 favor. If player accepts, she wants more.

13. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Hmmmm, I just tried the save (load, and end turn), and did not get the offer. Is this the correct save? Thanks much!

14. Pnothy

Pnothy Chieftain

You are right, this save doesn't generate it at my computer either. Quite odd, since the only difference is that my worker has already paused its turn and then I saved again. The autosave still works though, so I attached that instead. Skipping the worker turn and then going to next turn should make Élodie ask for the favor.

Attached Files:

15. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

I get this all the time, really annoying!

16. Scotch0101

Scotch0101 Centurion

Yes, this happens all the time. It happened in Civ V too. Fielding says," 3 favors for 300 energy" I'm like yeah of course, and she tells me no, you need to do better than that.

Just more problems.

17. Risch

Risch Chieftain

This has happened three times to me in a game I'm still playing, but every time I load the closest auto-save, it can never be duplicated. I honestly have no idea what triggers this. I've even written down exactly what actions I've done on each turn leading up to the 'trigger' turn and I haven't been able to trigger it again.

In this case, it was the same AI faction (Africa), asking for 1 Favor for 4 Geothermal. Saying yes causes him to immediately insist I make a better offer.

18. Windscion

Windscion Chieftain Supporter

I get this several times per game. Almost always involves trading for favors.

19. mastatomba

mastatomba Chieftain

Everytime this happened to me, it involved favors from them.

20. Dan4GS

Dan4GS Chieftain

Happened to me too, multiple times. Got so sick of it I came here to post.