Diplomacy and AI expansion seems off

Matjillam

Warlord
I've just played a couple of games on King. While I enjoyed a lot of things, some big things seemed totally off:

Diplomacy: Allmost everyone was unfriendly all the time. Even though I didn't warmonger and just tried to have peacefull trading games.

And I had a hard time getting better relations, since all those hidden agendas seemed to matter a LOT. And since most were unfriendly, getting deals with them was hard. The highest I got someone was to 'neutral'....

Warmongers should have a hard time making friends (even so, they should be able to build up friendships with civs that aren't that threatened by the warmongering).

And peacefull nations shouldn't have to struggle to have a couple of good friends.

This really annoyed me :/

AI expansion: I reached early industrial in 2 games, and in those games there were a lot of unclaimed territory. And juice territory, lots of luxuries, ressources and nice rivers. But no one seemed to bother building there after 200 turns!? (standard speed). Seriously? I had like 8 cities, while most of my neighbors had like 2-4 cities (only Rome had 7 cities).

That made the world seem quite empty, and the AI's kingdoms didn't look like wellfunctioning industrial empires, rather just some spread out classical thiefdom... :/

Of course there are other stuff like Eurica's being a little over the top, but these two things really annoyed me.

Top Bottom