We are pleased that the great Rik Meleet has seen fit to place our
great nations in contact with each other. We hope that we can work for
mutual benefits and lasting peace. We are very impressed with your
wonders, and we hope that the FREE people can learn from your great
works.

Long live FREE and GONG,

Empiremaker
Ambassador to team GONG

So we have contact. It will be interesting to see how many techs we get now that we know two civs.

Has anyone sent a message to em yet? I wouldnt mention the galley in our waters in a bad tone, just a whats up and find out who their representative is.

Has anyone sent a message to em yet? I wouldnt mention the galley in our waters in a bad tone, just a whats up and find out who their representative is.

I don't think we've come up w/ a response. It was Empiremaker that sent us the email.

How about...

Hello back to team FREE from the Gongers. Congrats on keeping your galley afloat. We Gongers hope that it makes the return journey in one piece. We look forward to getting to know you pack of dirtbags.

Feel free to edit this masterpiece.

Minus the dirtbags, it sounds good! Send it on I say!

Just sent this about a week late when I noticed that FREE's boat was still in our waters...

Spoiler :
Salutations to Team FREE and glad to know you Empiremaker,

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been reeling from having Civ Forums blocked at work and the announcement by team Babe.

Congrats on keeping your galley afloat. We Gongers hope that it makes the return journey in one piece. We look forward to getting to know our new friends to the Northwest/Southwest.

jb1964
Ambassador at large and just all around large Ambassador

How's this for a follow up message?

Hey FREE. Get your tug out of our waters.

If anyone hasn't noticed they're circumnavigating out coast.

I would add something like "on the same way it entered our waters, IMMEDIATELY"

I sent them a note to leave our waters next turn.

They replied by asking permission to continue areound our waters. I told them to beat it again.
Spoiler :
Team FREE, thanks for the note.

The Gongers are pretty secretive about our rituals and are not too keen on being scouted.

The boat needs to be removed.

Thanks,

The Gongers

On 8/9/07, Team Free <team.free2@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear GONG,

Oops!

Sorry about that.

We were so excited to meet you that we forgot our manners.

May we explore your coastline?

Our ship, the Triumph of Teal, has only sailors, since it is on
peaceful mission of goodwill and exploration. It has been lucky so far
in navigating the open seas, but even the luckiest ship will some day
face the RNG of Meleet.

We are not opposed to a more formal agreement on this matter, but that
does take time to set up and we would like to keep our sailors
productive instead of just moving back and forth.

Sincerely yours,

Empiremaker

From Free. It total BS.

Dear Great Gong,

We got our wires crossed.

CommandoBob is still without a game disk and the turn got played too
quickly. Triumph of Teal continued exploring, as you can plainly see.

We can't court-martial the captain, he was only following orders. But
we will get him out of your waters this next turn.

Uh, do you have a coast guard in case Triumph of Teal doesn't last the
turns at sea?

Sincerely,

Empiremaker

My response...

The Gongers have stopped their nearly constant partying to take note of ToT's continued exploration of our coast. Our populace sees this as a very aggressive move against our sovereignty.

Since the Babes, being of foul disposition after being thwarted by team SABER, are obviously looking for an alternative landing zone we Gongers think ToT would be better off trying to discern the location of the Babe fleet rather then trying to steal our malted beverage recipes.

Our coast guard is only qualified for rescue in coastal waters. Should ToT befall an untimely end we must entrust the ship's souls to the hands of the Great Meleet.

Regards,

jb

Is "remove your unit or declare war" an option in multiplayer ? I would send this note to them. I would not like to give them war happyness by sinking their galley with our dow.

Is "remove your unit or declare war" an option in multiplayer ? I would send this note to them. I would not like to give them war happyness by sinking their galley with our dow.

Ya, I agree. That's the next stage. If I suggested that we were going to sink their tub they would hang it out there for us to take target practice.

Top Bottom