Diplomacy Glitch

ICNP

The Third Superpower
Yes another person complaining about Diplomacy. Here however I think this is some very odd glitch.

I believe I warred earlier in the game in order to procure some relationships with the higher up civs. However I kept seeing odd things occur in the diplo modifiers. It's peace time and Shaka is saying that we have a "Mutual military struggle". Then while a AP inducted Defensive pact is going through I suddenly find myself at war with Ragnar and Mehmed is a war ally? The game claims that I started the war but I did absolutely nothing to attack. While yes my military wasn't up to par it shouldn't cause ME to attack someone :blush: . I didn't even know a war could be started with Global defensive pact?! Is this a glitch because I just cannot figure out where all these Diplomacy Modifiers are coming from!

Its not a bug i think.

If the AP makes a a global defensive pact, it affects only the members.

So from what i read: Ragnar+Mehmed are not members of the AP (not have the religion). They started a war on a Member, you joined because of the DP. Since they not deaclared on you, and you joined, you was the one to declare... (This is a dumb mechanic, i think joining because of a DP should not cause the "Decladed" Attitude penaltie, but not a bug)

As for "Military struggle" with Shaka - you were in a war aganst the same enemy in the past. The AI will remember the Mutual struggle for quite a long time.

Things to add

-Everyone is a member of the AP exept for Shaka's Vassal (Frederick)
-Ragnar has the Religion but did not convert to AP religion
-Shaka and Frederick are not at war just Mehmed and Me vs. Ragnar
-I don't have a really good save of the situation (Recently lost this game)

I did not realize that so many of the Diplo Modifiers are remembered. I did have a bad relationship with Ragnar

Uh... with everyone member this is a bit strange... Maybe only Full members count (Mehmed and Ragnar are just voring members) ? Not sure...

Perhaps the save would be good after all :D

I'll try to get the Save up. I think Mehmed was a full voting member but Ragnar was not. My save however is I believe with the UN built. I should probably start keeping my older saves...

I've noticed my vassals still have the "mutual military struggle" diplo bonus, even after peace breaks out...

I've noticed my vassals still have the "mutual military struggle" diplo bonus, even after peace breaks out...
this works as designed - mutual struggle does keep positive relations for quite a while - it only slowly if ever decays...

Oh well should have put this in the bug section. Although now I see that mutual struggle does not wipe after war

Top Bottom