Diplomacy in RevDCM

ZachScape

King
I am playing the mod Glider suggested and I am loving it. But I can't do diplomacy...
I set the minor civ's thing where you can't conduct diplomacy until you have writing. Well I am the first to have writing, and could talk to anybody. Then, about 2 millenniums later, countries started making Peace Agreements and OBs. When i click on someone's name, nothing happens. So what can I do?

You should be able to conduct diplomacy as long as both parties have Writing. If one of the civs was formed from a Barbarian city, they need to establish themselves before they become a full civ. As each civ in the game becomes a full-fledged civ, you'll have to make peace with each one once they become a full civ before you can conduct diplomacy.

But they already have diplomacy with each other. I'm at war with everyone. Most of them have created peace with each other, and I have writing. So I can't just click on their names because that is not working.

@Zach
Welcome to the world of minor civs! My first few experiences with it was that I was SURE the AI was conspiring against me. Like you said, THEY were all "palsy" with each other and I was all alone, left in a lord of the flies world of pure carnage upon me.

Ok....that experience off my plate, I can tell you that there is NO conspiracy. Keep trying minor civs is more difficult initially. Once you get used to it, you will find ways to forge a head. You definetly need some friends and they will come. AI's will make peace with you if you are enough of a threat to them and they will even eventually get to like you (some of them that is).

The possible reason why you cannot talk with anyone is that although you have writing, you are at war with them all and they would rather have you dead than talk to you because they see you as weak and exploitable. Ahh. Minor civs is nice isn't it?

By the way, love the Ronny Reagan quote. :)
Cheers.

Thanks again for saving the day Glider . I am trying to fight my way through this carnage. I destroyed Rome and Byzantine while fending off wave after wave of Shaka's, Alexander's, Hannibal's, Hammurabi's, Rameses', Khan's, and Saladin's men. I got Sali down to one city but it is guarded like the Declaration of Independence, and I trapped in Musa until I finish his neighbor. As soon as that's done, I have to b-line through Khan's empire to stop those Egyptian chariots and take down the Hebrew homeland. And then finish off the Khan himself.
I know what your talking about in LOTF, cause I just read it a month ago, still have to turn in the essay due two months ago though:sad:. Until I work up the courage to find how to switch on Inquisition, I'm going to have to go after every non-Christian city and destroy them one by one. I razed the Buddhist and Hindu holy cities, now for the others. This really is the best game I ever played, but like a liberal, I want to cry. :D

But they already have diplomacy with each other. I'm at war with everyone. Most of them have created peace with each other, and I have writing. So I can't just click on their names because that is not working.

I'm having the exact same problem. When I get Writing, I click on each civ's name, and nothing happens at all. I think it's a UI issue -- there seems to be no way to bring up the diplomacy window when using the start as minor civs option.

Nope. I can see the colored lines, but when you click on a face, it just looks like a button is being pressed, but nothing happens. When i right click, it just closes out of the window. I'm like the barbarian civilization. (although, I did pick the Sumerians :dunno:)

Hi everyone (thanks for helping Bob)
Start as Minors is an advanced option. Here is a suggestion. Stay cool, I just need a little bit more information. Have you tried without minor civs? That would be a good idea.

Here is what I would like you to do:
Download just Revolutions not RevolutionDCM and see if that works for you on standard options. Don't play with Start of Minors. That's an advanced option I wouldn't bother with for the moment.

A quick way to get through to a situation in the game you are interested in (like diplomacy) is to use the CTRL-SHIFT-X autoplay feature. Autoplay through 100 turns or so and see if you can then conduct diplomacy either on Revolutions or RevolutionDCM but always standard options.

Once I can establish whether the problem is Revolutions or RevolutionDCM, we can then go to the next step of using python logs and/or saves to help us narrow the problem down further. Remember that I am at least 17 hours out of sync with north America so turn around times can be slow.

Stay cool! We will sort it.
Cheers.

Thanks. I tried 3 games. The first game is the one above, second I tried w/o. The diplomacy was fine, all went well. Third game, I tried with after I uninstalled/reinstalled, and it happened again. Now I am playing RFCE.
I'll try reg Rev Wednesday or Thursday, depends if I go on the comp. But aren't you releasing a new one later this week I can try instead?

@Zach
Hmmm. What can I say? I don't have any information to follow this issue up with. No save games, no python logs. The latest version is in development but will not get released until at least this time next week (50% chance) or possibly 20% chance this weekend.
What is RFCE? Does it use BUG? Phungus and I are thinking it's a BUG issue.
Cheers.

No, no, no, I love the mod. I can get around the bug with autosaves and just killing everyone, but my friend told me to try Rhye's and Fall of Europe, so in the meantime, I paused my access to Rev. It doesn't use bug, just the core for RFC. Tomorrow I might download reg Rev, so I'll have an answer by saturday at the latest. I'm by no means rushing you to release the update, I'm just saying a 'when in Rome' type thing.

@Zach
Give this a go Zach it may fix it:

Delete autolog.ini. You will find it at:

/MODS/RevolutionDCM/Autolog.ini

Make sure the game isn't running first and totally shutdown BTS. Delete the autolog and restart. This should regenerate a new autolog.ini and the problem might then be fixed. Let us know how you go.

Cheers.

Top Bottom