Diplomacy response "Nobody ever listens to me"

The Tyrant

Prince
I know the best way to determine an AI's standing with others is to check the information screens (civ relations, discern patterns of tech trading, etc.) but a recent request got me thinking.

Although the Incans are furious with me, they keep asking me to join their war against the English, with whom I'm friendly. I think that's a bit strange, but oh, well. Finally, after the umpteenth time of telling him I would not join his war against my friend, he got the dejected look and said "Nobody ever listens to me." I thought that was hilarious, but I wondered... Was that just a random response to a rejection, or does the game only serve that response up if a civ has had several rejections from others also? Even if it hinted that the civ had been rejected by others, this wouldn't (shouldn't) be news to the player if they are checking the information screens, but I was just curious. Does anyone know how the diplomacy responses are determined?

Yeah, I've received that comment too and wondered similar things to you. While I've seen it happen on several occasions, I only have ever heard it when turning down offers to convert to a civic (unlike your situation).

7th Circle said:
Yeah, I've received that comment too and wondered similar things to you. While I've seen it happen on several occasions, I only have ever heard it when turning down offers to convert to a civic (unlike your situation).

Come to think of it, he did at one point ask me to convert, amongst all those requests to betray my friend. It may have happened then and I'm just mis-remembering.

Top Bottom