Diplomacy Screen

Rakshasa72

Warlord
Can anyone think of a good reason why the "There offer" "My offer" section of the Diplomacy screen is so small? Other then that's the way it's always been. It seems to conceal important information many times if you don't scroll through and check all trade offers. I'm convinced it's a Firaxis conspiracy to promote open borders.

Also what's with the computer forcing open offers for all my luxuries and gold?

For the first question - there is no good reason?? It seems important items are on the bottom such as you actually agreeing to give away a city at times. So always scroll
Not sure what your second question asks. But it seems that the AI threaten you to give away all your stuff when they start hating you. I agree that it is a bit ridiculous. I do not understand why as giving up your stuff does not improve relations much. Hate is so much stronger than love in this game

Not sure how off-topic is this, but:

I find the diplomacy UI absolutely terrible. 3/4 of the screen are taken up by the leader's picture. It's a beautiful thing of course, but backgrounds are rather neutral, and I don't think it would have been a huge aesthetic crime to make them smaller. Now it's just so much empty space on the screen!

The reason it bothers me so much (in CiV it didn't) is that the section where you read gossip, details of your relations and access level is incredibly small. It's relatively readable in early game, but the more diplomatic options you get, the smaller it becomes. Half-way through the game it's just impossible to read any more. It's tiny! Like maybe one line visible at a time, but even this is difficult to get, because it's near impossible to scroll.

Or is it just something wrong with my settings or whatever? Because I can't believe that such a huge UI flaw is real.

The thing I can't understand is why the diplomacy screen only shows the resources in my territory but not resources I'm importing. I know this is available in the View Reports now, but I need the information when I'm in the diplomacy screen. When the AI makes me an offer, I have no way of knowing if I already have that Luxury from another AI unless I cancel the offer, check the view reports and then contact the AI to try and make the offer again. Also, I might want to get two sources of a Lux from an AI so that I can then trade one copy to another AI for something I need from them but the game apparently doesn't let us trade things we're getting from other civs.

Can anyone think of a good reason why the "There offer" "My offer" section of the Diplomacy screen is so small? Other then that's the way it's always been. It seems to conceal important information many times if you don't scroll through and check all trade offers. I'm convinced it's a Firaxis conspiracy to promote open borders.
Not so long ago somebody asked here how is it possible that one of his cities suddenly changed colours and became part of a AI's empire, but he didn't see any enemy units around and there was no chance the city could be taken by force. Besides a bug the only conclusion people made was that he probably accidentaly traded the city away, because he didn't see it on the trade list.
So, yes, the design is terrible.

Top Bottom