Diplomacy um no!

Riker13

King
So playing my first game with the new patch.

Warlord level to start with large map playing Romans.

England and America at War want me to join them, no thanks says I.

But I do allow a Research Agreement and passage through my Land with the Americans, America and I become Friends. 8 turns later America goes to War with me! WHY????????????

Anybody?

Regards

Riker13 :crazyeye:

1. All AIs are backstabbing randomly. In my last game even Ghandi backstabbed me twice.

2. Giving away open borders is said to contribute getting DoWed because the AI can see your weak army. At least its what i ve read some times in the community.

I dont know cant trust anyone, I thought the Americans was meant to have at least some honor.

It's pretty dirty for an AI to commit to a research agreement and then make DoW - wasting your gold and theirs. (I presume two parties at war don't get their free tech at the expiration date?)

That's because civ 5 team has the wrong idea. AI is to entertain players, not to irritate them.

I dont know cant trust anyone, I thought the Americans was meant to have at least some honor.

It's true. In Civ5 you can't trust any of the leaders. The diplomacy system is meant to be somewhat mysterious and that's exactly what it is. All the AI leaders will backstab you if they benefit from it.

The craziest thing that happened to me when I was playing as Alex. Gandhi, who had to my suprise been warmongering a lot, became my friend with Siam. They wanted me to declare war on Arabia and Egypt and so I did. They didn't like that I took almost all the cities from those two nations. Indians got only one city from Egypt and I got everything else.

After the wars India denounced me saying that I am a warmongerer (he had conquered the whole China alone and wanted me to declare all the wars that I had declared). Also Siam became guarded because I had been warmongering.. In reality they both were more of warmongerers than I was.

Also a few times I've been denounced because I'm a warmongerer due to me conquering one city state while the denouncers have conquered 2-3 city states. Sounds a bit hypocrite, huh?

Yes it does.

This is still not a fair or accurate representation of the kind of Diplomatic system I was hoping for, now I love Civ and have been playing them since the first one (Yes im that old) but it does seem to me with all the knowledge that they have gained over the years this title has not moved a lot further and in some respects backwards compared to IV.

Top Bottom