Diplomacy with the Anarchos

lurker's comment: if you had not told him the post before that you had not built any units, i would understand that logic. t_x

d7 reply

(Loki is on a holiday for three weeks.)

For us, trusting another party means that we can be sure that promises and deals are honoured.

Obviously the broken deal republic + code of law for literature + bonus tech disrupted our trust, but the current events are even more important: While we signed a non aggression pact, there has recently been talk about our actions being interpreted as "aggressive acts" (settling near the tobacco), and even the word "war" was mentioned. Furthermore the presence of your military at our borders and in our half of the continent makes it impossible for us to trust in the non aggression pact, regardless of your intentions. Because if we do not build military now, we may be wiped out by a quick war.

Trust could - to some extend - be restored by an honest attempt to repay us for the damage that has been dealt to us. As this would be an investment into our common future, it would be irrational to make that investment if you have evil intentions. On the other hand that means that you would have to trust us first. We do not expect to be compensated for the full damage, but at least for a fair share of the damage.

As you have noticed by now, we have traded techs with the other continent and are not completely free in what deals we can make. An attempt to build a trade route would be welcome, though. For example, if you built a city with a (cheap) harbour for us and then gave it to us as a present, that could be a very good start. (Although we'd insist that that city would not have a garrison or troops nearby, that our military would sit right next to that city until it is given to us).

However, at this moment I can give no guaratees, that it is possible to overcome our division.

hmmm, a city with harbour for trust and no guarantee that we works together?
and then they can trade with the other continent.

we lost pop,commerce and many shields if we do that.if we give rep it would be cheaper.

no way

As you have noticed by now, we have traded techs with the other continent and are not completely free in what deals we can make.
that means:
küche or eagles research rep, the other the cb-mystic way and anarchos currency?
i do not wonder if we buy math, 1 turn later all nations have it.

proposal for an answer

Schön das man wieder redet, aber bitte beleidigt nicht unsere Intelligenz.
Eine Stadt mit Hafen würde uns sehr viel kosten und Ihr könntet mit den anderen Kontinent handeln.
Etwas zuviel verlangt nur um eventuell wieder langfristig miteinander zusammen zu arbeiten.
Euer Techhandel mit den anderen Kontinent wird in etwa so aussehen:
Küche oder Eagles erforschen Rep, der andere den Mystik-Zweig und Ihr geht auf Währung (MM wurde ja bereits erforscht). Mathe werdet Ihr dann wohl weitergeben nachdem wir es euch abgekauft haben.
additionals?

lurker's comment: guys, i really really hope that your consensus is that you keep waffling with the Anarchos and really have a plan to use these newbuilt raxes! everything else would be just a waste of time. keep them believing that they outsmart you, prepare a shadow army and strike whenever you are ready after the NAP runs out. take over the continent, with slow movers in the north and fast movers in the south. in your GA, build whatever you need to overcome them, plus maybe enough to set over the small straight and do some real damage to the Eagles.
t_x

I don't like memento's reply at all. It sound too negative. I think we will trade Math for 125, we offer for 111, and 14 g is not much to argue about. Sure, we will not gift them City with Harbor, but we may reply like this:
Nice to be talking again.
We will gladly trade with you our luxury resources. Our road to the North of Great Lake almost ready. If you build your part or road 1 East from Saragossa trade route will be ready.
We need to think how to deal with Currency. Also we may offer "contact with Kuche"

Nice to be talking again.
We will gladly trade with you our luxury resources. Our road to the North of Great Lake almost ready. If you build your part or road 1 East from Saragossa trade route will be ready.
That´s good.

prepare a shadow army and strike whenever you are ready after the NAP runs out.

what else? ;)
by the way: with what units we will go to war? i prefer for many horseman, because they are better against hoplite if they turn back. we can build chariots and can upgrade to horseman. its cheaper and our military looks not so strong with chariots.

do some real damage to the Eagles.
thats far far away and its to early to plan something. 1st we must take anarchos, after that we will see what is better, invasion or building and defend.

and Galleys in the Center...

Do you have any idea how?

exactly.

it depends on what they are playing, and whether they realize that there is a sea passage right from the Anarchos´ land to their continent. if not, and they think they are safe and play a builder game, simply send over 5-10 galleys worth of troops that are left from the Anarchie war and pillage their lands or burn their towns.

of course, if they prepare well, you can forget about that.

templar_x

lurker's comment: is there anything else the worker NW of Saragossa could be there for than clean the jungle in order to build a fortress there? it seems like an incredible waste of early worker turns anyway.
t_x

d7 said:
We will send you maths now. Unfortunately at the time being we can not sell currency or construction.

Answer?

Unfortunately the time change somethings and we don´t need Math any longer from you. If u are free in your decisions we can talk about other trades later.

This would make they confuse.

they would think that we trade with the other continent. ;)

at the moment i don´t think that the deal is really good for us. we give them many gold and this gold can anarchos use for warrior/sword upgrade.

The answer shows that they have very far reaching agreements with the other continent (perhaps even three-way research agreement?!), so they know we are not trading with the other continent...

I agree with Ivan here. (Perhaps we can even consider Zeus?! But I guess 10 chariots are better than Zeus. Can be upgraded all the way to Cav, while ACs get obsolet quickly.)

so they know we are not trading with the other continent...

they think it now. but what they think if we post my post?
do they really think that the other continent be fair to them?

But I guess 10 chariots are better than Zeus
yes. so for what we use math now? we give them money to strengthen their military?

If we want to go to war immediately after the 30 turns are over, I would say you are right, Memento. But Ivan said, he wants to delay the war a bit, and in that case we should not fall too far behind.

On the other hand: why do you want to delay, Ivan? The longer we wait, the more Hoplites and the faster the Eagles will appear over here.

we could thus also may drive a wedge in their cooperation.its possible that they have no trust to the others. with a little luck the research goes slower.

btw:think about d7 paranoia ;)

why do you want to delay, Ivan?
I'd like to have Marketplace in Camelot. + enough troops. I believe, we will have much more power 20-30 turns from now.
Question not clear for me: do we want Lib in Camelot or it may build something else?

we can research MM in 3t and math in 4t without minus g. need 8- for currency (earlier if the others have it)
look in the save, anarchos have a new settler by our north warrior.
if we wait 20-30 turns longer, they will have much more power.

Top Bottom