1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomacy with the Anarchos

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Memento

Memento The World is mine

Anarchos have contact to Küche. 2 civs knows math, if know by 3 its cheaper for us to research it by ur self.
    if anarchos become rep from the other continent, they must give them something.
    gold or min. 1 tech which the other continent don´t have.
    at the moment there is only 1 tech we see which is know by only 1 civ, thats HR.

2. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

When NAP expire? May be we will not research Currency? Just HBR at slow mode?
    We may carry out negotiation with Anarhos about joint research let them think that we are trying to trade.

3. Memento

afaik nap end in 15 turns+5 turn

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Aha. What do you think about an idea to pillage road and go back?
    Plan for the war may be walls in Ivan-gorod and Galleys unload from the middle of the lake.

5. Memento

if we pillage the road they would think that we go for war.
    if warrior go 2 they can settle on the hill or in the forest, but this isn´t good for them.

our other warrior can go 9 and next round 8, so they must settle on hill or go another way and can se settle later.

6. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

That's what I tried to say. No serious research for now (means we don't need a lib in Camelot now). Just buy Math (for catapults) and slowly research HBR, and in the meantime use all shields and all gold for producing/upgrading units. We need to strike very hard, otherwise the war will drag on and the other continent will start sending units while we are still busy with the Anarchos...

After the war we build libs and "prepare for the storm"...

Memento: where did you officially cancel the NAP? I searched the entire embassy for half an hour, but couldn't find it. :confused: Is it really already 15 turns ago??

7. Memento

8. Memento

you really will build catapults? :eek:
    with this gold we give anarchos, they can upgrade 2 warrior to swords.

9. Lanzelot

That was 14th of July. On that day we played the 1200BC turn (turn 72), so we can attack on turn 107.

Normally I never build catapults, but I think we need a few for defense fire (Numidians + Cats defend our horsemen stack) as well as for reducing Hoplites? If we loose too many units, our WW will become a problem.

Perhaps we could even forget about horsemen and use a Swordsman+Numidian+Catapult stack and add 2-3 chariots to it, so that they can't afford to leave closeby towns undefended?

Perhaps we should try a little test scenario and check, what has a better kill ratio against Hoplites: 5 swords + 5 cats or 10 horsemen. Also consider: if we don't research HBR, we'll have more money for sword-upgrades. But I don't know. You are the military experts. Just don't apply the same warfare strategy as in a game against the AI. I think it will be different.

Perhaps you can share some of the experience from your game with Calis? This is probably close to what we can expect from d7. (With the difference that d7 will be 100% motivated against us and will not commit errors that Calis committed because of lack of concentration, like leaving size 8 cities undefended.)

Another important question: can we lead this war without galleys? MM is quite expensive, and no one is going to trade it to us...

If the answer to the above questions is no (= "we need MM and HBR and also libs+markets for the GA to be efficient"), then it is obvious that the war will be too early for us and we should reconsider our strategy! (I guess, this is what Ivan meant when he wanted to delay the war a bit?) In that case we should build our infrastructure first, play peacefully and try to get trades going again. And hope that someone attacks us. (We get the WH and defending is easier than attacking.)
    However, there is a big danger: if the others really plan a three-fold attack on us, we will be unable to defend, if we wait too long. It's really a big dilemma: if the others plan a dog-pile, we need to eliminate the Anarchos early before the other continent is ready to intervene. But we are not yet ready for an early war (against Hoplites), and it could easily end in a failure!

(The game could have been so much easier... :()

10. Memento

ups
    29 t from now? wow,thats very long.
    time enough for research math and currency by ourself (12t) and then safe money for upgrades.

Archers have defense fire too and can attack.
    if we attack, it must be a really hard attack.
    Ivan-gorod needs no wall. our 2 curraghs can coming home and we can upgrade them to galleys.
    question is, how many galleys we need? 2-3 for ivan-gorod and 2-3 (empty or with few units?) galleys for the backland?

11. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Two points we need to discuss and decide within few turns:
    1) Anarhos will send settler around and warrior have to leave road soon. Shall we pillage road or not?
    2) Will we break NAP? if it is 30+5 we may research Currency + FP, I think. I even can consider a LIB in Camelot.
    3) Will we try to negotiate trade of techs with Anarhos? They reject Currency and Construction but may be anything else?
    -------------
    Am I right that we decided to take Math for 125, finish to research MM?

12. Memento

1.hmm, pillage isn´t good if we will trade later
    2.no, cu+fp+lib ok
    3.wait if the others go in rep. i think HR would be cheaper

13. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

May be we will ask directly?

14. Memento

ok, but have we enough time or can we stay this turn?

15. Lanzelot

I also begin to think, an early war is suicide. (Waiting may be suicide as well...) In that case we should build up first, so
    - accept Math
    - retreat the warrior from the road
    - ask whether they want to trade anything for MM or Rep or HBR?!
    - tell them we have silks ready in a few turns and ask whether they want it. All they need is a road 1W of Saragossa. (We could even build it for them...)

The alternative plan is
    - just finish MM
    - collect 1500g in 30 turns... :mischief:
    - build tons and tons of warriors/chariots

I have no idea what is better... both maybe bad...

The new settler from Camelot goes to the SW fish in 2 turns?

16. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I am "for " this plan but " retreat the warrior from the road" ONLY AFTER they accept some deal. If they will not then we pillage the road and prepare for "second plan". Also, I see no reason to wait 30 turns, I think 15-20 is enough.
    as agreed...

17. Lanzelot

How often have we tried that? And did it ever work? If we threaten them, then there will be no deal...

18. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

But very often you wrote something wrong and after that keep saying that we "must do that because you want save your face". So without any condition, propose the "deal" and if they "ask" we may agree if they do what we want.

19. Memento

if we pillage the road, the settler can go to his real place and we must leave the territorium the next turn. if we go S, we block the real settle place and they must settle on an other place.
    however we must ask now.
    ivan, do u do?

20. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Forward warrior stays as it was. I did not pillage road.
    I think settler will come to position at 2 and at 3 turns we have to leave.