1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomacy with the Deutsche Küche

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, May 2, 2011.

1. Memento

Memento The World is mine

ok, seems that we are not in war :confused:
    will u send the message or should i do?
    how many gpt now or other proposals?

2. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

I'll send them my ideas/suggestions. Best is probably to sell silks for 50% of their net gain.

Edit: No, we really can't set to 0%, so I guess the silks/furs swap is better.

3. Memento

it is clever to tell them all? now they know that we are not researching.
    its enough to say, we give you 6-7 gpt now or constant 10 gpt.
    sry, i don´t understand that you doing the same mistake again.

4. Lanzelot

Why? It could be beakers as well as gold.

5. Lanzelot

I am making a mistake? Sorry, but it was the lying and the dishonest behavior of the past, which have gotten us into the f*cked up position we are in now. (And the uncontrolled emotions...) I don't want to repeat that same mistake now with the Küche. If the deal is 50-50, then I honestly tell them the truth. And the truth is 9gpt, not "6-7 gpt".
    So again you want to start betraying them already before the deal is even signed?? Let's at least learn from our mistakes of the past, and end this game gracefully and honorably. (Even if it is most probably lost by now.)

Just to remind you: the other continent will obviously wait until we and the Anarchos have "destroyed" each other. Then they will just send a couple of caravels full of Cavs and pick up the "rest", while our continent is still in the ancient age... Our only chance is that the other continent will select the Anarchos as their first target. And for that we need to start working on friendly relations with the other continent. And lying about our income is not the right way to do this (especially as justanick is probably able to double-check our numbers in F11 anyway...)

6. Memento

mistake = that u will give them more than we need
    i don´t wrote that we must lying. :confused:
    where i wrote this?
    that was a proposal.

Do you really think we have a chance? i don´t see a real chance to stop anarchos.

7. Memento

edit:delete

8. Memento

suprise

9. Memento

proposal

search the right words about Templars tobacco.

10. Memento

seems that anarchos (try to) talk with the others too.

about
    we need 4 techs to MA
    Küche are in MA they have currency now, eagles not. currency from anarchos or research by them self?
    only way we can go if we give Küche many gpt, so they can research very fast.
    and we research slow our last 4 techs

Attached Files:

11. Lanzelot

If you want me to, I can try to find some words for the suggested TT deal. But only after I get home tonight. I think we can make it work.

Don't be so pessimistic... ;) Of course we still have a chance. We have a very productive core and not much damage has been done yet! If we manage to delay the advance for like 5 turns, we'll have built and short-rushed enough units to match the Anarchos' military. Of course we need to try and get as much help as possible from the other continent. It is risky, but we have nothing to loose... And we have one advantage: the other continent will of course try to make as much profit as possible out of the conflict over here. So they will open up for cooperations. If we use that skillfully, we can get some urgently needed help. At least more than the Anarchos get.
    Should I also try and send a message to the Eagles?

12. Memento

i don´t think that a double way is good.

but i think that Küche play on 2 sides too. if u make an offer, we must say that they only trade with us.

example for research:
    feudalismus: if they need 6t, we pay them 400g in 6t = 66,6 per turn etc

more if we can get the 4 AA techs (Mystic ca.67 + HR ca.82 + Construction ca.400 + Poly ca.200? = 750? for ??gpt extra ) if they accepted fast and give us the aa techs
    we can research the other way slowly

13. Lanzelot

It's still too early to think about research... At the moment we need every single gold coin for rushing units. If we survive the next 5 turns, we can start thinking about how to get to the middle age... :)

Memento, please indicate the parts that you don't like. But I think in general we need an open and honest message like this. If it works, we are back in the game, if not it doesn't matter much as the game is lost anyway...

Good night

14. Memento

good text
    but we must give them a long perspective to make it work with the Templars tobacco

15. Memento

Na Klasse

this is very hard

Sry, but they say it self

If we build the GLib, why we give them any gold?

better we play alone

we can hold TT 1turn and hope that anarchos don´t go forward so we can rush NM next turn

They really have fear. we are to good. ;)

16. Lanzelot

No, they simply believed every word the Anarchos told them, because we never defended against those accusations. I knew we should have defended. But as we didn't, they and the Eagles included the Anarchos into their alliance (instead of us), gifted them into the MA, all three got different free-techs and they exchanged them among each other. Excellent. Now we are 7 techs behind, and the Anarchos will soon come with MDI...

The important part:
    But no use crying about the mistakes of the past. Here is the current situation:
    So after the above, why are the Köche now dealing with us? Two theories:
    • They want to trick us and help the Anarchos to win even faster. Not very likely. It would not be in their interest to turn the Anarchos into a superpower on this continent. Much better for them would be, if we and the Anarchos go into a stalemate and damage each other as much as possible, while they keep building up peacefully... So more likely is the second explanation:
    • First, they want to prevent what I just said: that the Anarchos take over this continent. That would make the game much harder for them to win.
      And second, they are most likely planning "something" against the Eagles, and I'm pretty sure this "something" involves Sipahis... ;) So they plan to achieve two things at the same time: keep our continent in a balanced war that will destroy many resources and keep us weak, and at the same time by cooperating with us they hope to gain the decisive small advantage over the Eagles that will allow them to take over their continent without having to worry about an invasion from this continent. Afterwards they can consolidate and take over one or the other weakened party over here...
    Does that make sense so far? Our big chance now lies in helping them in their plan as good as possible (so that they keep us as partners), and at the same time trying to gain as much as possible from that cooperation as well, so that we can first survive and then perhaps even take the upper hand over the Anarchos, before the Küche has managed to take over their continent.
    I will now try my best and make that happen. First let's see whether they are willing to grant us a credit of e.g. 100-200g. After all, they need to help us survive, if they want their plan to succeed...

17. Memento

@ivan
    sry for German

@Lanze
    Ich weiß wirklich nicht wie du Dir eine Zusammenarbeit vorstellst. Wir haben nichts anzubieten. Eine Zusammenarbeit macht für die Küche eigentlich keinen Sinn. Und für uns ist der Bau der GLib der weit günstigere. Dafür haben wir sogar sehr viel Zeit. Wir brauchen sie nicht in den nächsten 40 Runden bauen, je länger wir warten desto mehr Techs werden wir bekommen.
    Wir brauchen eigentlich nur Deff für den Krieg. Wenn wir bis zum Bau der GLib viele Reiter bauen und Geld sparen, haben wir einen Riesenvorteil.

7 ???
    4 AA Techs and 1 or 2 MA Techs, with some luck only 1 from MA = 5-6 Techs behind.

18. Lanzelot

Aber das brauchen wir ihnen ja nicht auf die Nase zu binden. Sie denken, daß eine Zusammenarbeit mit uns für sie vorteilhaft ist (sonst hätten sie sich diese Kontaktaufnahme gespart), und in dem Glauben sollten wir sie belassen. Sonst werden sie mit den Anarchos weiterzusammen arbeiten, und dann sind wir erledigt.

Wir benötigen kurzfristige Hilfe, um die nächsten Runden zu überleben. Laß mich nur machen. Ich bin sicher, diese Hilfe bekommen zu können, denn langfristig haben wir den Köchen doch was zu bieten: Gold. Sie werden jede Menge Gold brauchen, um Reiter -> Sipahi upzugraden. Und diesen Faktor müssen wir uns zunutze machen, um endlich aus der Isolation herauszukommen und einen Bündnispartner zu finden. Hast Du das noch nicht verstanden: es geht nicht darum, den billigsten Weg zu finden, wie wir die Techs aufholen. (Dafür wäre die GLib evtl tatsächlich die billigste Variante, wobei aber durchaus das Risiko besteht, daß die Eagles (oder die Küche, wenn wir die Zusammenarbeit ablehnen) das Ding vor uns bauen, um uns nicht herankommen zu lassen.) Es geht darum, daß wir bisher allein gegen eine Dreier-Koalition gekämpft haben, und wir innerhalb kürzester Zeit hinweggefegt werden, wenn wir es nicht schaffen, das Bündnis zu sprengen und selber einen Partner zu finden!

Und außerdem können wir nicht endlos mit der GLib warten (selbst wenn keiner der anderen sie bauen würde), da wir ziemlich schnell zu MDI kommen sollten, sonst bluten wir uns gegen die Hopliten weiß, während ihre eigenen MDI unsere Numidier knacken...

Yes, 7 techs... Read carefully between the lines. All three are scientific and all got a different free-tech.
    I'll now finish my response to the Küche.

19. Memento

Küche isn´t scientific. :rolleyes:

And last turn again, so they can´t be sci.
    so they must be France

20. Lanzelot

Are you sure? Perhaps they just didn't build libs yet, because they thought that markets for higher population would be more important... Or it could be a "disguise" to make everyone think they are not scientific and then have a "perfect surprise" with the Sipahi...

But it's at least 2 techs, because they said they will start Invention next.

Anyway, here my completed text (replace Sipahi with Cavalry, if they are indeed France).