1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomacy with the Eagles

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Ok, we got contact with the Eagles. I'm short on time now and didn't look at the save yet. Can someone post the details (F4 and F8 etc) here please?
    I'll check back here later tonight and send a first message to them then.

2. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

F8: The Eagles have 4% (we 3%) world land, and 22% (31%) pop.

F4: no knowledge of their military.

Trade screen: They lack IW and CoL and have 5 towns. And no contact with Anarchos.

templar_x

3. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

In msg you may offer IW to trade. Ask about MMaking.

T_X, how you count Cities from trade screen?

4. templar_x

:hammer2:[pimp]

stupid me, "Delphi" totally confused me and I counted *OUR* towns.

templar_x

5. Lanzelot

And basically a similar greeting message like the one we sent to the Anarchos?

Another question: should we send a short notice about contact to them? They'll learn about it anyway, once the alliance is signed, and it would be a "sign of good will" from our side, if we tell them.

6. templar_x

yes, open the talks with sth like that.

it will be soon enough if we are telling our smelly friends about our meeting tomorrow. or the day after.

our ship captain went home as fast as he could to deliver that information... you know.

templar_x

7. Lanzelot

I set research once to 5bpt and once to 10bpt and then compared tech prices before and after contact. All prices remained the same, which means they do not have any tech that we don't know yet!
    And if they are currently doing Code of Laws, it means they won't have anything useful for us for a long time...

8. templar_x

So they basically had the same starting techs that we already own, too?

What does this tell us about which tribe they are playing?

templar_x

edit: what does the setting to 5bpt or 10bpt do?

9. Lanzelot

Honestly: these are just "little games" that don't bring us any benefit... So why play them? It only serves to annoy the Anarchos. I don't see why this would be smart.

The other continent is backward, as expected. We will soon have two Republic economies, and if the Anarchos cooperate smoothly with us, we might even enter the middle ages, before the other teams get out of despotism... :cowboy: (Well, perhaps not quite, but you get the idea.) So why annoy them? They are as good as any team. Calling them "smelly friends" isn't really nice. I know PaGe and apollon (currently competing with them in the "Spiel des Monats" and the "Pokal matches" over at Civforum), and they are nice guys. On the other hand, I can imagine, that negotiations with justanick (Küche) or Cyc (Eagles) might get a bit difficult as well...

Well, anyway, today is already "tomorrow", isn't it? So should I go and post a little note about our latest contact to the Anarchos? It doesn't hurt us and will certainly make the cooperation better. I can sell it like "Even though the alliance contract has not yet been signed, so we are not yet legally required to tell you this, here is some information for you. Please take it as a first sign of our good will. ..."

10. templar_x

Smelly is as nice as it gets if you ever call me dishonorable! :niemals: (the best smilie they have over at Civforum, we should introduce it to the civfanatics community really)
    :mad:

I see that you are setting up some kind of typical reaction to any suggestion about the Anarchos. :rolleyes:
    But it is very clear that it is better to at least wait until we *really* have established contact, i.e. at least have spoken 2 words with the Eagles.
    1. You said it yourself, the Anarchos only sped up because they knew we could soon talk to someone else. So why kill that motivator????
    2. If they get really strange over a minor point, I would like to have heard something from the Eagles. Maybe they are already fighting with the Kampfküche and desperately needing an ally.
    3. If we tell them that we met they want to see or even co-write our messages to them.

First they sign, then we tell them everything immediately (if we decide to).

templar_x

11. templar_x

Thanks for establishing the contact with the Eagles. I see you already mentioned IW. Well, ok. I do not think we should trade it to them thought BEFORE we have met the Küche also. So the deal should not be executed earlier.

If they really prove to be backward, and we get the alliance with the Anarchos, we should consider to start cross-continental aggression before they get to MIs/pikes.

If we do all the fighting by ourselves, we may even pull off a domination victory in the Middle Ages? :groucho:

templar_x

12. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

My understanding was that they researched Philo, and fail. If they start CoL they may have it "now", or next turn. They could start MMaking, or they may agree to get CoL and start MMaking for us...

13. templar_x

Did you see Cyc´s post?

Not only does he prove that he does not know how to make contact without entering someone else´s borders ;), he also demonstrates that they need WH more than IW or our friendship. Go figure.

But I think it is pretty clear to the Anarchos now that we have contact. Maybe we should let them know that we caused a stir already on the other continent, fully within the spirit of what they expected us to do. Unfortunately no cheap extra techs...

templar_x

14. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Yes, I think we may pass Anarchie "plain information" that we got from this contact, even F8 analysis.
    But we will keep quiet about our "plans, suggestions...".

Well, Cyc also a paranoid person, but in a different way then d7

BTW, what Cyc's post you meant?

15. templar_x

See the Regeln Section for cycs post

Templar_x

16. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Well, it proves nothing, but his character...

17. templar_x

What are you saying by that, Ivan? I do not know Cyc, so please be a bit more precise about what part of his character is shown here.

Anyway, but practically they have told the Anarchos that we made contact with them! :mad:

templar_x

18. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

I think Ivan doesn't like or trust cyc...

19. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Not exactly. I had many on-line chats with Cyc in October-December. It was hard, but at least I always saw logic in his writing. He also capable to listen arguments of opponent.
    His weak point that he tend to suspect others without reason and believe that he is cleverest person... If "team" agrees I can use this personal diplomacy...

20. templar_x

@ Ivan, what do you understand by "personal diplomacy"? I think that all diplomacy should happen via the thread over at civforum, otherwise you are free to use any history the two of you have.

@ Lanzelot, their strange behaviour does not mean anything. Just consider what the Free People said to us in all that time!
    If we would offer the Eagles Republic immediatly and a close partnership, their alliance of whatever content would probably break immediately.

templar_x