Diplomacy with the Eagles

I would really like to send the Eagles a message like this...

Hello,
anybody at home?!

Honestly: we made a long and dangerous journey, and instead of finding a warm welcome and people who are happy that they can now enjoy the benefits of trading without having to invest into a sea journey themselves, we are accused of breaking rules! :(
Apparently you need war happiness more urgently than our friendship?!

Anyway, Worff has followed the game closely and he knows that we established contact without entering your territory or breaking any rules! If in doubt, please ask him, instead of telling the rest of the world what happened.

Best Regards, Sir Lanzelot

very good, i would like that posted.

it was very rude from Cyc to act the way he did.

templar_x

My intuition says that tone of this post not suitable for Cyc, Callis and bowsling. /As I know them/.
I think letter should start:
Dear Cyc, (bla, bla bla...)
we believe, that confusion with our contact has been resolved and you do not consider our contact as intrusion to your inheritor. We ensure you that our sailing around your land will not cause any harm to brave Eagles... We are open to trade, exchange information... [something like that]

Perhaps you are right... But that behavior of their's really pissed me of...

Ok, second try:

Dear Eagles,
we would like to reassure you, that in establishing contact with you, we neither entered your territory nor otherwise broke any rules. If you are still in doubt, please contact Worf, he has been following the game closely, so he knows the path of our curragh.

We would also like to tell you, that your behavior has taken us aback. We came with friendly intentions and think that we did not deserve these almost public accusations without even talking to us first. Anyway, we hope that these misunderstandings have now been cleared up and we can return to normality. As we said, we are interested in getting overseas trade relations going and would like to know whether in principle you are interested as well.

With Best Regards, Sir Lanzelot

i liked the first one better, but i am in agreement of the 2nd one also. only we should post it now, or de facto we agree with their behaviour.

T_x

Yes, Calis must have scolded poor Cyc badly... :D

Ivan, I'm glad I listened to you. Could be that the original message could have damaged our relations with them...

i am all for either a) declare war on them immediately b) say Ni to them 100 times c) go find a good shrubbery for them d) inform them that it is "Knights who say Ni", not "Knights of the Ni"!

alternatively, start our reply with: "You know a lot that is hidden, o Calis".

templar_x

Edit: their quote as well as all mine above refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python_and_the_Holy_Grail.

Interesting message from Eagles/Calis! They want a close cooperation and CoL/Rep... (I guess, after loosing the Philo race, Calis knows that we are close to Rep by now...)

ah well, Sir L does not seem to find that as funny as i did.

we should offer them to teach them what they are looking for, if they go for other techs that we do not have yet.

but before we can enter into negotiations like that, we need to know from them whether they already are in another co-operation which involves tech deals or joint research, as in that case of course we want to make clear that we can either do the trades with other tribes ourselves, or at least participate with a fair share.

this might let them tell us how the other continent is working together.

templar_x

Yes, we may offer them CoL and after offer to research MM+ something from DK...

As I understood from save nobody knows nothing. Let try to find out how EG and DK interact.
We may say, that we are ready to trade Rep for MM if nothing will go to DK, or alternatively both, DK and EG give us something for CoL, Pilo and Republic. We also may offer that EG declare war to us in exchange of CoL. (And they start MM).

But no Sir Lanzelot in Life of Brian.... I find both hilarious, even though Brian is much more about history and politics, while the Grail story is rather slapstick and wordplay.

templar_x

One thing I overlooked in my first reading in Calis' message:

We are glad to have met another civilization like ours on this world. We seek to spread the ideas of liberty and freedom to all the peoples of the Earth, but have so far only come across cows and deer, and they don't seem to quite get it.

Reading this a 2nd time, it has a totally different meaning to me.

"cows+deer"? a synonyme for the Küche? Maybe they are having the same problem with the civforum attitude like us?

templar_x

"cows+deer"? a synonym for the Küche?
Not sure, but...
Maybe they are having the same problem with the civforum attitude like us?
Probably. I think we may offer CoL for WH, better sooner. In parallel we must find out how bad DK in communication...

We could offer that immediately if you ask me. Only thing they must promise not to trade CoL to the Küche.

This gives us WH plus the info a) whether they protest (because they are in an alliance) or b) whether they are trustworthy.

templar_x

I think we may offer CoL for WH, better sooner. In parallel we must find out how bad DK in communication...

Neither side is allowed to give the above mentioned technologies to a third party until we have come to an agreement about our alliance.

So we must tell the Anarchos now "there will be no alliance", then we are free to trade.

Top Bottom