1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomacy with the Eagles

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Apr 20, 2011.

1. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Probably in all teams only you and Callis professional negotiators. You see things faster but Callis manage his emotions better.
    Good if it is the case. (Though I do not see big contradiction).
    May be Kuhe letter was initiated by Callis...
    Can we exclude following worst case scenario:?
    1) Eagles pretend that they are "bound" and Kuhe research Republic for them.
    In reality they research Lit or Math, say.
    2) Eagles make Rep - MM or math, (depending of "our" research plan) deal with Anarchos, Anarhos accumulate cash.
    3) They trade, and it is hard follow is it "consistent" or not, because it is three of them.
    4) we compete with three then, anarhos research slow, accumulating cash.
    5) They enter to MA (all scientific) trade techs, Anarhos even keep the Rep - MA Tech deal, but we are much behind as a result?

2. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

If they agreed on this, we cannot hinder them. But we can find out. And an alliance would disallow the Anarchie of course to do this. They would have to break the deal.
    How to find out? by establishing an embassy.
    t_x

3. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

We should establish an embassy anyway, as soon as we can spare the cash. It's the cheapest way to look into somebody's capital, and we don't want to keep that option open for the others.

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

What we will see? Just % Tax/Lux at single turn? It proves nothing - always one can say "we need extra cash this particular turn bla- bla..."

5. Lanzelot

And we can see the total amount of accumulated cash.

6. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Where? Did not we just see City screen?

7. Lanzelot

Yes, it's in the city screen:

8. templar_x

i think Ivan is asking whether this is your own or the others´ money shown there, right?

t_x

9. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I asked both, but anyway, to control things, we have to do some City check. Embassy cheaper...

10. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

So we return to this again.
    But looks that 2 and 3 not options now. I think we must urgently send msg to Eagles offering them Republic on conditions, say, Rep for MM+4gpt+80g, immediate trade. If they bound with Kuhe we may agree to trade to both, Rep for MM+WC+CB+4gpt+100 for example.
    MA tech for 40%.
    We may send proposal to both parties. Or start to Eagles first.

Also Diplomatic note to Anarhos: that until matter resolve we suspend Rep - MA tech contract. We continue negotiations only after they return Masonry (Math for gpt, say).

11. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Something like this.
    What I don't like, that Eagles will try to trad Lit from Anarhos. If they offer MM - fine but if Rep+war vs us it is not good...
    We may leave it as room for negotiation...

12. templar_x

i like it.

only add a NAP, like in Lanzelots proposal.

and if they both give us that discount, i would even accept if they wanted Lit in addition, they could up the gpt a tiny bit then.

ceterum censeo, we should send the Anarchie message at the same time! just as it is.

templar_x

13. Lanzelot

Ok, let's at least get this one out, we seem to have consensus on it (3 votes in favor), and it doesn't destroy anything yet.

Adding Literature is good, because it prevents that they trade it from the Anarchos... :D

Edit: let me know, if 10gpt and 50 turns peace is ok.

14. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

What does it mean?? Trade will be done if they send required Techs in return...
    We /t-x/ already call Callis unrelible trade prtner - he may prove it...
    What means "same conditions"?? Literature??

15. Lanzelot

That was "politics"... templar knows just like me, that Calis is a reliable, honorable man.
    I thought it would make it "extremely attractive" for them, if they can get Rep the same turn as we (no need to wait one turn because of the stupid F4-mechanics).
    But if you think it's too risky?! (However, then the entire deal is risky, because they can always cancel the gpt, break the 50 turn NAP and not give us their MA tech...)

And yes, I think we should sell Lit+Rep in one package. Makes it even more attractive for them, and we prevent that the Anarchie sells them Lit...

16. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Lit itself 12 gpt. 6 is half price. 8+6=14!. Also to avoid misunderstanding if they will not get MM next turn I prefer Not to give Republic. Also "legal delay" for 1 turn may be good for us.

Well, we will get WH instead of gpt. Also, they will have "choice" get nothing for MA tech or give it half price...

17. templar_x

you may be right. THEY can make the deal this turn (receive Rep next turn), when they send us WC, CB and total 14gpt on their turn accepted, we will return Rep immediately, and Lit whenever they can send MM.

however, if both teams agree, i think we can risk to do it the other way around, if they are sending the signals that they are about to buy.

t_x

18. Lanzelot

They started MM 3 turns ago (it wasn't longer, I think?). It will take them at least 8 turns (with an average of 37.5 bpt). So perhaps they won't get MM in another 5 turns. In that case this deal would not be attractive for them at all. In Calis place I would then decline and rather hope to "exploit the internal tensions on the other continent"....

If we really want to "join" their alliance, we need to offer something really valuable, and with every turn our Rep looses some of its attractiveness. That's why I wanted to send Rep pre-accepted. Perhaps we can hold back Literature, until they have MM?

- So I increase gpt to 14.
    - Litreature, when they have MM
    - Rep pre-accepted?
    - Leave it with 50 turn NAP?

I'll send it off then.
    Lanzelot

19. templar_x

it is a risk, but i am willing to take it.

i only spoke about Lit to be held back until MM... see above.

t_x

20. Lanzelot

Final version:
    OK?