1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomacy?

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by Howard Mahler, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Howard Mahler

Howard Mahler Since Civ 1

I am playing as Abul of the Swahili,
    and Ho Chi Minh has repeatedly asked me to adopt his favorite civic, Redistribution.
    Currently I have -21 on relations for not accepting his favorite civic.

So Ho Chi Minh is furious with me, but he has not canceled our open borders or defensive pact!

I wonder whether this whole thing is a BTS issue or something peculiar to History Rewritten.

2. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I think that's a quirk of BTS. I haven't made any changes in HR that could have that effect. No cancelling of open borders is rare but not too unusual, I've seen it before. I think sometimes the economic disadvantage is deemed too great for the AI so they try to keep borders open despite the hostility. The defensive pact part is very strange though.

3. Howard Mahler

Howard Mahler Since Civ 1

In BTS I have never seen anything close to so much negative for failing to change civcs when asked.
    Are you sure this isn't something about HR or Ho Chi Minh in particular?

4. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Hmm, looking at Ho Chi Minh's AI he does seem to have some unusual values in regards to civics, at least compared to other leaders. I'm not too familiar with how these work exactly but I'll check it out.

5. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Okay, a large part of the problem is that he's set to request civic changes considerably more often than any other leader (10 times as often as Isabella requests religion changes!). There's some other strange values in his AI as well but I'm not entirely sure what's going on with those. I have a 'spare personality' for him so I'll put that in 0.9.5 and hopefully that's enough to clear up the issue.