Diplomacy?

Howard Mahler

Since Civ 1
I am playing as Abul of the Swahili,
and Ho Chi Minh has repeatedly asked me to adopt his favorite civic, Redistribution.
Currently I have -21 on relations for not accepting his favorite civic.

So Ho Chi Minh is furious with me, but he has not canceled our open borders or defensive pact!

I wonder whether this whole thing is a BTS issue or something peculiar to History Rewritten.

I am playing as Abul of the Swahili,
and Ho Chi Minh has repeatedly asked me to adopt his favorite civic, Redistribution.
Currently I have -21 on relations for not accepting his favorite civic.

So Ho Chi Minh is furious with me, but he has not canceled our open borders or defensive pact!

I wonder whether this whole thing is a BTS issue or something peculiar to History Rewritten.

I think that's a quirk of BTS. I haven't made any changes in HR that could have that effect. No cancelling of open borders is rare but not too unusual, I've seen it before. I think sometimes the economic disadvantage is deemed too great for the AI so they try to keep borders open despite the hostility. The defensive pact part is very strange though.

In BTS I have never seen anything close to so much negative for failing to change civcs when asked.
Are you sure this isn't something about HR or Ho Chi Minh in particular?

In BTS I have never seen anything close to so much negative for failing to change civcs when asked.
Are you sure this isn't something about HR or Ho Chi Minh in particular?

Hmm, looking at Ho Chi Minh's AI he does seem to have some unusual values in regards to civics, at least compared to other leaders. I'm not too familiar with how these work exactly but I'll check it out.

Okay, a large part of the problem is that he's set to request civic changes considerably more often than any other leader (10 times as often as Isabella requests religion changes!). There's some other strange values in his AI as well but I'm not entirely sure what's going on with those. I have a 'spare personality' for him so I'll put that in 0.9.5 and hopefully that's enough to clear up the issue.

Top Bottom