Diplomat Can't Enter City

bragaul

Chieftain
Having enjoyed Civ1 I figured it's about time I try civ2. I created a diplomat and made my way over to an enemy city but I cannot "move" into it, even at full movement points. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Yup I can interact with enemy units (bribe them) but no menu comes up when I try to enter a city.

Was the city defended?

If there are troops inside the city, you should be given a list of possible actions for your diplomat/spy to do, I.E poison water supply.

If the city is not defended, I'm pretty sure you get a message saying something along the lines of "None military units may not capture a city, do this, do that, blah blah".

No, you can bribe empty cities (and get them at half price), so you get the diplomatic options when entering an empty city with a diplomat. Also, you can deliver caravans to empty cities.

The message you are thinking about is the one that prevents ships and air units from capturing cities.

sorry for bringing this back alive again but i checked the forums & the technical support section and could not find any solution to this. diplomats cant enter enemy cities, adjacent squares are clear. does this relate to mastermindx's patch? im running the latest patch (5.04 march 99 patch 3) + No CD + Hostile AI patch + mastermindx's patch.

if someone could help me on this one it'd be really cool!

many many thanks!

nevermind guys, i continued the research on the forum and found the following solution:

- simply move your save games (*.SAV files) to any other newly-created folder of your choice & diplomacy will work again

nevermind guys, i continued the research on the forum and found the following solution:

- simply move your save games (*.SAV files) to any other newly-created folder of your choice & diplomacy will work again

It is strange what can solve a problem...

Top Bottom