Diplomatic victories in multiplayer...

Zovc

Chieftain
Is it possible to win through diplomacy in multiplayer?

Sorry if the question seems absurd. From what I understand players have to basically vote yes to "Zovc wins the game." Why would they EVER do that?

I have absolutely no knowledge of multiplayer, but the only way to win "diplomatically" would probably to have a vassal or three. The only problem is that i don't know if you can vassal a human in multiplayer.

Don't Multiplayer games sometimes have AIs in them?

How does a human vassal work do he/she havet vote for you to win and can you force him what to teach etc like computer vassals..

on the face of it the question is absurd, stupid, childish - but- it happened.

Free For All game, pangea map, small size, started with 6 or 7 players.
(someone typed in the lobby afor the game "attacko noob, fixed babolinian player, teamer")
whatever the hell that meant

at any rate during the game a message popped up "so and so won has won a diplomatic victory"

no one left, no one wrote any message in the message thing.

i left after a minute or two figuring a win is a win.

never heard mention of it afterwards- never really thought about it until i saw this thread.

the evidence is clear- don't underestimate civ4 venn connection anomolies.

Not familiar with MP but...

Get over 60% of the world pop... spawn off a colony and call UN vote could work. It's more Diplomation though ;)

Not familiar with MP but...

Get over 60% of the world pop... spawn off a colony and call UN vote could work. It's more Diplomation though ;)

I haven't played a single game spy game where there were still humans left when one side had 60% pop...though I guess that would happen if someone grew to 2 vs made a worker in 1v1, but you know what I mean :lol:.

I haven't played a single game spy game where there were still humans left when one side had 60% pop...though I guess that would happen if someone grew to 2 vs made a worker in 1v1, but you know what I mean

Would you have to have that for an AP win? Assume you do the captive religion AP and manage to sneak one missionary to the other players when they are in anything except theo. Flip your religion back, spawn a vassal who is mostly something else and then get the votes from the vassal.

Even with the UN I could see a possibility for some isolated player to rushbuy and nuke down the rest of the world for some cheese like that.

Even with the UN I could see a possibility for some isolated player to rushbuy and nuke down the rest of the world for some cheese like that.

In my case, I actually thought I didn't have enough votes, despite having allies. And i had a lot of nukes (and a significant tech lead) over my opponents.

I proposed the winner vote, fully expecting it to fail. After the vote failed, I was going to nuke the largest 3 cities of every civ that didn't vote for me.

Propose the vote again. Repeat until we all drown in the global warming, or I win.

We often turn off vassal states. Besides the colony issues, it also opens a whole can of tricks/exploits in MP.

Top Bottom