1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Diplomatic Victory Discussion Thread(T203 Mongolian Diplomatic Victory)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Lily_Lancer, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Because I have Divine spark so I'm at 48 vs 11.6. If I don't have maybe that will show 28+2 vs 11.6+4.6 and I have to pray.

Why? If you wanna have peaceful DV, suppose you still wish to win on T203, you miss 2 points, this means you have to savescum for all wonders and even the luxury ban resolution. (It is more difficult to guess in peace, if you go warmonger you can presume the range and try to choose one luxury of yourself that others have least. On peace I don't know)

Then you still need the future tech and future civic.

Finally, if you don't win on T203 you go down by 3 points, so on T233 you still cannot win. Unless you champion a world's fair or sth. for additional points, once the World Congress votes you down by 3 that's forever.

I like the design of Diplomatic Victory. If you wanna peace why don't you go for SV or CV or RV? The design of Diplomatic Victory in Civ6 really encourages people to think more on mechanisms, instead of playing like a zombie.

BTW Keshigs receive that -17 against districts and navies. Only a faster crossbow but nothing special. Don't build it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. Ownsya

Ownsya Warlord

Oh you're right, his gppt is 4.6, not 4 so he would've overtaken you.

But it's not much different from winning domination is it? It seems only the final step is different, instead of taking the last capital, you wait for the congress. I guess it also forces you to completely wipe out civs while in Dom you only need the capital. But would you say your strategy here is very different from a domination game?

Also, you played a Pangea map. Would you use the same strategy on other maps? Rather is there another map you think you'd rather not use this strategy on?

3. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Yes, it is really different from traditional domination. Since you need Mohabodhi. So Diplomatic Victory is basically a "domination victory with Mohabodhi required", that result in much different strategies than normal Domination victories. Also you need to finish future tech and Civics before T200.(that timing shall also taking into account you have a religious focus in early game) That's common for me but maybe not that common for some unskilled players.

I usually play Continents so in fact I'm not really familiar with Pangea, however most people play on Pangea so I just want to standardlize my game. I guess there's no extreme difference on Continents than this game, since my troops actually cross oceans in their last missions with Australia, Macedon and Japan.

4. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Warlord

@Lily_Lancer Thank you for sharing this. The additional details are very useful.

5. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

Thanks!
    @Lily_Lancer
    @leandrombraz
    @Ownsya
    and any others I missed.

Looked like Builder/Settler First huh?
    Guess it does work for every game lol!?

The game and comments were very informative and entertaining.
    Looking forward to more of this!

Ownsya likes this.
  6. Bangau

Bangau Warlord Supporter

Cool approach to a diplo victory. I think you probably have the math right here and there currently is no faster way to win the diplo victory. Doubt if this was what the devs had in mind though. :)