1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Diplomatic Victory still feels like Economic Victory to me

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MaryKB, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Bradypus

Bradypus Chieftain

In every Mali game I've played, diplomatic victory has been mine for the taking. It is really true that diplomatic victory equals economic victory. The AI never declines gold gifts no matter how near I am to a DV. Human players, however, get the chance to decline gifts and deny others DV points.

2. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

I think the problem is that DP are not enough like coinage... you should be able to spend and earn it in other ways.

Off the top of my head:

~Pay for spy operations/embassies/other diplomatic actions.
    ~Pay off grievances/war mongering
    ~Pay for envoys
    ~be stolen/reduced by spying
    ~be increased by certain government buildings.

There are probably a lot more ideas possible.

These would make the diplomatic game more interesting.

Why free envoys... use DP. Greece could get DP from their theatres instead of free envoys. Why free spying... use DP to pay for or enhance.

Of course, balancing would be needed.

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Okay my most recent DV was kind of an economic victory, but only because I had disasters set at 4 and 20 civs in the game. Normally I can't rely on aid emergencies for points, but I did my game yesterday with the Zulu. My last 4 points were from 2 aid emergencies and a tech and a civic that give one point. The timing worked out well for once. Usually I just have to slug it out and accumulate more diplomatic favor than the rest of the world combined.