Diplomatic victory

madskillz32

Chieftain
So i dont really understand how to do this. I mean i know you can score points the following way:

Select wonders
Sending aid

Is there another way? I dont see how to reach that magic 20 point number. Can you win points another way? Is there a way for me to propose topics for the election? I never understanding the random banning of luxuries, kinda stupid in my opinion.

Thanks, this is the only win I havent figured out.

If you want to make your path as easy as possible, play Kristina (lots of diplomatic points) with Apocalypse mode (more aid projects to win). Start the game like you're going for a cultural victory (early theater squares and ampitheaters), but don't ignore other districts, as it is easiest to pile up a bunch of great writers for the diplomatic points. You need a reasonable feel for how votes are going to go that can only be gained by paying attention to votes in games when you aren't going for a diplomatic victory.

If you want to make your path as easy as possible, play Kristina (lots of diplomatic points) with Apocalypse mode (more aid projects to win). Start the game like you're going for a cultural victory (early theater squares and ampitheaters), but don't ignore other districts, as it is easiest to pile up a bunch of great writers for the diplomatic points. You need a reasonable feel for how votes are going to go that can only be gained by paying attention to votes in games when you aren't going for a diplomatic victory.

Thanks so much both if you ... do you mind explaining how great writers help with dilpo win? I also didnt see anything in the link that pertains to how I would submit an agenda to the world counsel for vote, or can I??? Thanks!

Thanks so much both if you ... do you mind explaining how great writers help with dilpo win? I also didnt see anything in the link that pertains to how I would submit an agenda to the world counsel for vote, or can I??? Thanks!
With Kristina, it's not the great works that help, but the great people. Every recruited great person for her is something like 100 diplomatic points. And the easiest great people to pile up early-ish are great writers if you focus on theaters and ampitheaters as soon as you get drama and poetry. The culture you will get from the books is just a nice bonus.

No reason not to build other districts for Kristina as well - ull in 2 or 3 great scientists, get a great admiral, get a couple great merchants, get a great engineer, etc... but writers and artists should be available in large quantities if you play it like you're trying to win a cultural victory (even though you will pivot to diplomatic). But that's very much a Kristina-specific way to a diplomatic win.

Edit to add - the big thing is still knowing how votes will likely go. You can win some votes easily (make your own new districts culture bombs or add strength to a military unit type - often ranged) with a little added influence. Others are trickier (the AI will always vote to make a resource not provide amenities - but which one?).

Last edited:
So is there a way i can propose an agenda to vote on for the world counsel? Or just AI can? And i have to vote with the winning majority agenda in order to get diplomatic point?

So is there a way i can propose an agenda to vote on for the world counsel? Or just AI can? And i have to vote with the winning majority agenda in order to get diplomatic point?
It has been a major gripe of the WC within the community for a while now: yes you cannot control the proposals.

It's much easier to win as Kupe than Kristina because Kristina needs long, drawn-out games and Kupe wins fast. You basically need to get lucky with a bunch of emergencies on Apocalypse mode but regardless, Kupe can do it faster, before votes can start being taken away, which makes it much easier.

One thing I do when it gets to the point where I know the other civs are going to start voting to take points away from me in WC votes, I also vote to take 2 points away from myself. That way I only lose one point (because I gained one by voting with the majority). I don't spend any diplomatic points on this vote, there's no need. I use my diplomacy points on other proposals to try to get another 1-2 diplomatic victory point (so I can break even or possibly even come out ahead).

building the Statue of Liberty gets you 3 diplo points. Seasteads gets you 1. Can't remember if Globalization gets you 1.

Top Bottom