Direct 2 Drive version now available

^^lets hope

Well, I'm applying Bhuric's patch to it anyway.... I just started a game real quick and noticed that neither Stonehenge nor monuments properly displayed their culture on the mouse-over, so I'm assuming it comes with all of the usual bugs that the CD-ROM version of the patch has....

I've been using the D2D version since yesterday, so far so good!

But just out of interest, does anyone know why our version weighs in at such a massive size of 440 MBs???

The file size didn't bother me all that much, it was a fast download and the patch worked just fine. =D

I replace the dll with the unofficial one but i never played with the d2d patch, mmmmm maybe i should undo that

Can't find anyone else who's had this problem. The D2D patch isn't working for me. I get through the part where it asks you to hit Install to continue, then it minimizes but does nothing. Sticks around in the processes a bit, then just disappears.

I don't believe I modified the folders at all since the last patch. The only thing I can think of is that I have the box version of vanilla, but the D2D drive of the two expansions. So far there had been no problems with patching, though.

Anyone else encounter this?

*edit* - In case anyone else experiences this, there is a quick fix. Downloading the entire BTS file and reinstalling works (it will simply overwrite the old one). Annoying that's it's alot larger, but it works.

Top Bottom