Direct2Drive "announces" "Double Civilization and Scenario Pack"

salaminizer

Colorado Internacional
Sorry if it's been posted, but I looked at the first three pages and didn't see anything about it.

Last week Direct2Drive began selling games that require Steam to run, such as Modern Warfare 2. Now, Civ V is available for pre-orders, and they're giving Civ3 for free AND are promising a "Double Civilization and Scenario Pack" for free too, when it's out. There's no date for the pack besides "late 2010".

Here:
http://www.direct2drive.com/0/9611/product/Buy-Sid-Meier’s-Civilization-V-Download

So not only there will be "zero day DLC", but also a "pre-release DLC announcement" for 2 civs and scenarios.

PS: I smell a Bioshock 2

There is also no indication that the civ is not Babylon, since there is no clear explanation of what they mean by "Double Civilization and Scenario Pack".

Hold on here! So for $50 I get the game, two civs, and some scenarios(at a later dater), and civ 3 complete?!? Or pay 10 extra at steam and get one civ?? Whoa I think I know where I'll be getting my game now.

News just gets worse and worse, doesn't it?
Honestly, at this rate I'm -hoping- Civilization 5 fails, to send a message that this kind of tactic won't work.

Maybe the double civilization means two leaders for the same civ, so we would still have 18 civs, just one has two leaders.

Yea hell no, when this isn't a kind of a bad joke I will definetly not buy Civ 5, I have in some ways defended steam a bit in the german forum, not hardcore just a bit.. and the way fireaxis are launching Civ 5, but now.. I just want to wake up :cry:

This isn't a Steam issue.

This is 2k or Firaxis structuring the game in such a way that they withhold content and gradually trickle them out to extract the most they can out of gamers.

It's like they went through a checklist to match previous Civ games feature-wise and took the remaining good ideas to use as future DLC, including assets they obviously have already constructed (Babylon/cradle of civilization map).

No, wrong grammatical interpretation: A double pack, consisting of one civ and one scenario.

So you'll maybe get Korea and a Korea map...or the Incas and a southamerica map...

Oh man, this seriously makes me cry :cry:.

Oh, Korea...

Oh thanks for the clarification J, I just reread it and that makes sense! So one civ and scenario pack, and civ 3. Still a much better deal IMO, unless the civ choice is a complete flop. Maybe the Spanish?

I hope that A) this isn't released like a month or two after release although it sounds like it would be (anything released that soon should just be in the damn game at launch) and B) that the price is fair. If it's 1 Civ and a scenario, I'm not paying a whole lot...

Oh thanks for the clarification J, I just reread it and that makes sense! So one civ and scenario pack, and civ 3. Still a much better deal IMO, unless the civ choice is a complete flop. Maybe the Spanish?

It could be even the same, just making some buzz here.
No one says that it's not Babylon at D2D.

Oh, Korea...

Just an example, i don't know anything :dunno:.

I don't know who does the marketing research at Firaxis, but this guy didn't make a good job. The next times someone will probably throw some "cloud" and "web 2.0" in some civ news, including a facebook connection and a twitter client for civ5....but no, this would be ridiculous ...

This is just the tip of the iceburg! It's the "1st double" dlc! That means there's much more to come! Least this ones "free" and not $10 more. I'd love it to stay free :) for the rest, but don't see that happening.

Top Bottom