1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable Events?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Stangle Khan, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Stangle Khan

Stangle Khan Warlord

I'm having a bug where the prompt for an event pops up but nothing will come up when I click the icon. If I load the autosaves from a few turns previous I can sometimes make it past it but this broken event seems to be relatively common. Obviously I can't continue on in the game unless I manage to disable events from popping up so I was wondering if there was a way to disable events or turn their frequency down to zero?

I looked in both the CP and CBO options files as well as a few other but didn't seem to find any options.

Also I'd do a bug report but I have several mods beyond VP so it might just be a conflict.

2. myles718

myles718 Chieftain

I seem to have the same problem which seems to be I am informed the following -

[683638.078] Runtime Error: C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Event Compendium (v 3)\CulDiv/Lua/JFD_EC_CulDiv_Functions.lua:83: attempt to call global 'JFD_GetRandom' (a nil value)

3. suvin123

suvin123 Chieftain

I got the same problem. I think the problem is with JFD's event compendium. When I use normal Sukritact's Events and Decisions, I never get the bug.

4. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. myles718

myles718 Chieftain

Am using version 2 in my game, seems to be running ok will update to version 4 when played out

7. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

1. Does using those two sets of events disable the current events?
    2. Can those two sets of events be used together?
    3. Is there a way to shut off specific events?
      Namely the event that "Blames" it on this guy or that guy and happens to every single city and causes a massive depression!
    4. Can the Vox Pop events be turned off as a whole?

8. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

1. Nope.
    2. Each add new events.
    3.To shut off specific events mean you would have to at least have a brain in code to delete those entries off... for disabling a category of events look in your game options.
    4. Delete the file in C:\...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Modules\Events\CoreEvents.sql

9. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

You can disable events before the start of a game on the same screen where you change map settings and victory conditions.

10. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I try to do so at every start, sometimes I forget to, though.

11. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Or (if it makes it any easier for you) you can delete the Events folders in the Modules folders in both CP and CBO.

12. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I did it once, but it happens that new versions come faster than I can finish a game, so I have to deal with events again after every install :lol:

13. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

Thanks for the Info.