1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable golden age/"who's winning" popups.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Chaingunfighter, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Chaingunfighter

Chaingunfighter Chieftain

I'm trying to do some testing involved with AI-only games over a long span of time. Because the turns take awhile, I've opted to run the game in the background. The problem is that annoying notifications such as the "Golden Age" popup or "Who's got the most production/soldiers/gold/whatever" come up periodically and block the game from continuing.

I'm wondering what the lua necessary to disable these popups is. The mod "Battle Royale Data" contains an options menu allowing the popups to be disabled, so I know it can be done, but the mod cannot be used concurrently with Infoaddict (which I intend to use) and also has a lot of data processing and other features I do not want to use. It doesn't help that the DLL required to use the mod is currently broken.

2. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

3. Chaingunfighter

Chaingunfighter Chieftain

Ah, thanks.

It seems using the Live Tuner's autoplay function also prevents the popups from occurring.

4. Frossa

Frossa Chieftain

Alternatively, this also in practice prevents the "who's winning" popups from appearing. Change the number to X and you won't interrupt you for X turns.

Code:
    	<Defines>
    		<Update>
    			<Where Name="PROGRESS_POPUP_TURN_FREQUENCY"/>
    			<Set Value="1000"/>
    		</Update>
    	</Defines>