Disable Religion Holy Site

Disable Religion Holy Site 2.8

Das Capitolin

Warlord
Das Capitolin submitted a new resource:

Disable Religion Holy Site - Disable Construction of Religious Holy Site

This mod hinders the construction of Holy Sites. Ideal for preventing AI from constructing a Holy Site when Religious Victory is disabled. This mod restricts Holy Site construction to Snow Mountain Terrain, which is not available on the map. Cost and Maintenance are set to 999999999 and Aqueduct required as backup deterrents, should AI ever locate suitable tile. Compatible with Civilization VI (vanilla), Rise & Fall, and Gathering Storm.

Also available:...

Read more about this resource...

You can still found religion without Holy Site.
Building Stonehenge grants a free Great Prophet, who may found a religion. However, to build Missionary and Apostle units (and also Warrior Monks), you would still need a Holy Site. Presuming Religious Victory is disabled, the Disable Holy Site mod relegates Stonehenge to a wonder that yields faith and an unusable religion.

True, I had one game using this mod where only one religion was founded and to my delight, I was not deluged with missionary/apostle armies. I don't always play with this mod, but when I'm particularly fed up with religious unit spam, I play using this.

Started a new game yesterday, after Patch 1.3.

The Japanes built the Stonehenge..... :sad::confused:

Started a new game yesterday, after Patch 1.3.

The Japanes built the Stonehenge..... :sad::confused:
Very interesting! Stonehenge expires at the medieval era, long before uranium is available. Also, the cost was set to 999,999,999 production so it would have taken more than 1000 turns. Please confirm that the mod was enabled, or share any details you can.

Last edited:
The mod is enabled. And they built it very early. Like 100 turns in.
Here is 2 pics and a save. It is a late save though.

20190419203726_1.jpg
20190419203701_1.jpg

Attachments

• Tony.Civ6Save
    675.4 KB · Views: 133
The mod is enabled. And they built it very early. Like 100 turns in.
Here is 2 pics and a save. It is a late save though.
Thank you for providing this information. I was able to replicate the problem, and rebuild the mod from scratch to completely delete Holy Site, Lavra, and Stonehenge from the game. Update to 1.4 will be uploaded soon...

Top Bottom