Disable technologies?

james987123

Chieftain
My apologies if this has already been posted - a few searches didn't turn up anything relevant.

Is there any way, or is there even any mod, that disables certain technologies? I prefer the endgame war to be fought with tanks, regular Infantry, destroyers, reg. subs - etc, like nothing after WW2. I dislike mech infantry, modern armor, helicopters, nukes, etc., and I especially loathe the Giant Death Robot. But I've found no way to do this beyond simply slowing the technology gain down and winning the game before anybody gets the more advanced units. Anybody know of a way to do it?

Do you know of any? I swear I must be stupid or something but I've searched on google with probably a dozen variations on "disable technology" "disable era" etc, but I find nothing I can really use.

Disabling an era would be a fair workaround, but I don't necessarily want to block an era altogether - I just want to cut out some of the technologies that annoy me, mostly the military ones. If I have to stick to just disabling an era that'd be better than nothing, though I haven't found any way to even do that.

tell me what units you exactly want to disable. it'll be like a 5 min work to create such mod.

If it's very easy could I do it myself? But....

Everything in the Information Era except Telecommunications.

Rocketry
Computers

You can mod the mod. Go into the XML file (there's only one and you can edit it with any text editor) and change the relevant lines that disable particular techs.

So, for example, if you wanted to enable Atomic Theory and Nuclear Fission, but not any techs that depend on them, delete:

-<Update>
<Set Disable="1"/>
<Where Type="TECH_ATOMIC_THEORY"/>
</Update>

and

-<Update>
<Set Disable="1"/>
<Where Type="TECH_NUCLEAR_FISSION"/>
</Update>

and replace them with:

-<Update>
<Set Disable="1"/>