1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable the starting/loading speech ?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ddd123, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ddd123

ddd123 Chieftain

Is there a way to do that?

2. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Nope, you must listen to Sean Bean each and every time. I suggest turning down the volume if it bothers you that much.

The only thing you can disable is the opening cinematic.

3. ddd123

ddd123 Chieftain

What bothers me is time,I can't stand waiting 1 min every time.

4. TomKQT

TomKQT Chieftain

I set the audio to be off if the game is not in focus and I always go somewhere else during loading (read something on the internet, see few seconds of a video on YouTube etc.). This way I'm not wasting time and I'm not hearing the speech again and again. After a while you get used to the typical loading times and you know when you should go back to the game.

5. shyPiano

shyPiano Chieftain

If your problem is time, then there's not much you can do outside of upgrading your PC or picking smaller maps and less players and city-states. During that time the game is generating the map, placing everyone's starting units, and loading graphics and whatnot. With or without the narration, you'd have to wait essentially the same amount of time.

Pietato likes this.
  6. SharTeel

SharTeel Chieftain

I just tab out while the game loads :D

7. Xur

Xur Chieftain

There’s a lua file where you can set true to false... super easy to mod out. Cant remember the filename, but its something load’ish...

8. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Chieftain

I always Alt-Tab out of the game and either mess with work (I teach one university course and am writing my dissertation so I have a lot of boring, quiet alone time at home) or emails or surf the forums while I wait...

Of course, I have a terrible habit of restarting 5 - 10 times before I am happy with my initial location... :)