1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Disabling settling for a couple of turns at the begining?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by AndreLMS, Feb 19, 2021.

1. AndreLMS

AndreLMS Chieftain

I find myself restarting a lot, because I either do not like my starting position or there is one really nice or beautiful place some 5-6 moves away (too far, pretty big handicap just at the beginning).

Is there a way or an already existing mod that disables settling for some 10 turns just after starting a game? (thus making every early civ just a pack of wanderers)

Probably barbarians will be a nuisance, so they'd need to be temporarily disabled to.

And ancient ruins also, is there a way of hiding them for a couple of turns?

How would the AI react, they also wander around or they'd just sit in place?

I'm playing with Vox Populi btw, and I like to play on maps with some extra free lands vs. the vanilla game, so space is not at a premium at the beginnign of the game.

Thank you.