Disappearing Military Engineer?

TheEpicStorm

Chieftain
Currently playing as Cyrus, finishing wars on my own continent and making preparations to eliminate the remaining civs on the second. I deployed a military engineer to set up an airstrip in the middle of Continent #2 with the goal of opening up an air campaign in a few turns.

My mil. eng. was about three turns away from the planned airhead location when Japan, who has denounced me, settled a new city a tile away from where my engineer was located. Now my military engineer is nowhere to be found! There was no declaration of war and Japan does not have a military engineer. Does the AI founding a city remove neutral units from the game???

[I understand that I should have just declared war and grabbed the Japanese settler (I had a cav nearby), which would have given me a basing location anyway!]

Does the AI founding a city remove neutral units from the game???
I will test this but it sounds odd, I have had military units in the same situation and they get pushed to the edge. Maybe they got pushed next to a barb, but I expect you would have noticed.

You have accidetanly deleted that unit? Did you run out of your unit cap? Did barbarians capture it? Did you lose it because you didnt have money? Did city that acguire that? Did barbarian submarine shoot it?

Now my military engineer is nowhere to be found!
Select a unit, pull down your unit list from the unit's name and see if your mil. engineer is listed. If it is, select it from the list to find it ...
mystery solved (unless it is NOT listed, of course). On occasion, unit evictions can result in surprising relocations.

Top Bottom