1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappearing Religions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Dryhad, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

No, I'm not talking about Inquisitors.

In the base game, you found a religion and it's there forever. But as we know that's not the case in the real world. Inquisitors have been done, as has gradual fading (I think), but that's too small-scale for what I want to do. I want to make religions vanish completely.

I envisage it thus: Religions are founded as normal then, after a set number of turns they "expire". The religion disappears from every city and its buildings become obsolete.

This would allow more religions to be added without making it so pretty much every civ gets a religion all to themselves. It's also a key part of a mod idea I've been toying with, which I may or may not actually make.

My question is, how can I do this?

2. BoydofZINJ

BoydofZINJ Warlord

allot of coding and modding. This is a good thing I never thought of. I would imagine make religion on a city an interger value that slowly decreases per turn and every religious building increases that religion interger value by a set amount. So basically, 2 religious building = the loss rate per turn of a city. So.... ha good luck with this.