disappearing resources/improvements and techs

blindmouse

Chieftain
I have played the most recent version (4.05) starting from the pre-historic and from each of the other eras. I have found a few things and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced these as well.
1) between turns 260 and 290 no matter what era I am in or start in both resources and improvements disappear and new improvements with the exception of farms, mines and road/railroads no longer show when they are built. I also see cities starting to disappear as well.
2) between turns 370 and 400 the technology selection panel ceases to function. It starts with the scroll bar not showing and progresses to the panel being blank. As the tech tree functionality does not seem to work on my installation (not sure why I just see lines that would connect techs but nothing to select) the game more or less ends at that point.
With all that said I do not have the DLC's need as yet but I do not see why that should cause either of these issues.

I have played the most recent version (4.05) starting from the pre-historic and from each of the other eras. I have found a few things and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced these as well.
1) between turns 260 and 290 no matter what era I am in or start in both resources and improvements disappear and new improvements with the exception of farms, mines and road/railroads no longer show when they are built. I also see cities starting to disappear as well.
2) between turns 370 and 400 the technology selection panel ceases to function. It starts with the scroll bar not showing and progresses to the panel being blank. As the tech tree functionality does not seem to work on my installation (not sure why I just see lines that would connect techs but nothing to select) the game more or less ends at that point.
With all that said I do not have the DLC's need as yet but I do not see why that should cause either of these issues.

1.Some playe have reported this in the past, i thought we already fixed that.
But when you say that also cities disappair, then this sounds more like a graphic issue, related with Civ and the game setttings you use.
Have you tried to lower the setting?

2.There is a reason why we say that DLC1-7 are recommanded for CCTP.
If you dont have this DLC , the Techtree looks broken, this is the result of used icons and improvements from this DLCs.

Thanks you for your quick response, this is better service than the vendors I have to deal with at work, and they get paid :D

I suspected the DLC's might be the issue it's good to know. Right now though even the 22 dollars for their purchase on Steam is out of my budget, so it will just have to wait.

Where are the logs located and I will gladly send them. I take it these would go directly to you as a private message or can I zip them and simply add them to the post?

Thanks you for your quick response, this is better service than the vendors I have to deal with at work, and they get paid :D

I suspected the DLC's might be the issue it's good to know. Right now though even the 22 dollars for their purchase on Steam is out of my budget, so it will just have to wait.

Where are the logs located and I will gladly send them. I take it these would go directly to you as a private message or can I zip them and simply add them to the post?

How to enable logs

And just zip them and attach it to your post, this is the easiest way;=)

Please review attached logs. These are from the game at a point past which the aforementioned resource/improvement issue occurred, turn 368.

I tried the suggestion of lowering the resolution and it helped with the 'vaniching' cities but not with the resource issue.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    184.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Lua.txt
    37.3 KB · Views: 143
  • xml.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 201
Of course if it is a bug, it should be fixed. But I would not mind, if a certain resource runs out at some point of a game. It is natural, if you consume it too much..

On the other hand, is there a tech which you can discover and then start searching new, hidden resources? For example sonar and drilling or something. There could be big amounts of oil or gems etc deep below surface..

Of course if it is a bug, it should be fixed. But I would not mind, if a certain resource runs out at some point of a game. It is natural, if you consume it too much..

On the other hand, is there a tech which you can discover and then start searching new, hidden resources? For example sonar and drilling or something. There could be big amounts of oil or gems etc deep below surface..

Its a bug and only reported by a few players, i never encountered it, but i encountered i.e. hidden roads and railways in vanilla time ago.

For your questions about hidden resources, you can link resources to technologies and to policies.

Have you done this? Or will you? Or do you wish more info about my thoughts?

Yes in the avaible version of CCTP many resources are linked to techs and policies, but this created some issues because some players are not aware of this and thought this would be a bug.

So i need to overwork this for the next version, i.e. the new policy branches survival and agriculture will unlock some resources.

Also it could be that i will add some new craft able resources to the game.

Since i learned to make my one icons this isnt so hard at all.

Sounds good.
I was also thinking that some new technology could help to find old resources (like oil and gems etc) from new locations, for example in the mountains or deep in the sea. Drilling resources from such a place could cost more, than from 'easier' places, perhaps..?

Top Bottom