Disappointed with Scramble for Africa

Rob5000

Chieftain
When I heard about the Scramble for Africa scenario and the random interior, I was initially very excited. After a few play throughs - as Belgium, then Morocco, and then England, I found it to be rather lackluster and boring. The main thing that irks me is that the Euros cannot DoW on each other...same with the North Africans. Makes the game a bit stale and predictable. And, what's the point of denunciations and such if you can't even DoW. And wahts the need for oil if you can't even use it? Granted I didn't really finish. As the Belgians and Moroccans I got board a quarter of the way through. As England I found it ridiculously easy conquering the Zulus and Boers in S Africa.

Anyone else feel this way?

nope, i like it. i have completed games as Germany (emperor), the Zulus and Portugal (immortal) and the Ottomans (deity) so far, and i like how it plays differently with every faction. i imagine France and England will play quite similar to Portugal, though, given their initial positions and cities, and will probably not play as them for a while.

and i actually think its interesting not being able to DoW the other Europeans, because that means you have to find other ways of beating them and their score gaining possibilities (block them off, bribe other civs into war with them) instead of just crushing them as if you would do in any other civ game.

Top Bottom