disc version - one more dumb question answer pls?

andreafin

Prince
ok search keeps removing all the words needed to narrow down the answer to this question (im sure its been asked already but i cant find the thread by search do i need the disc in the drive to play? because it basically searches' need disc drive play' which pretty much gives every thread as result)

i got civ v (vanilla) on dvd rom. it updated when i put the key in. do i still need the disc in the dvd drive to play it? or can i take the disc out and store it safely, and just play from steam offline without the dvd?

ty. i have been leaving it in the drive even when i shut down the laptop, just in case. hopefully im going to have civ v complete soon on disc. i just have to figure out how to install that and put the new code in steam and i will never ask any noob questions again. maybe.;)

My dumb question: why did you use the key for vanilla when you are going to get the complete version? You just wasted a key?

I suppose for every pirate, there is a person who purchases the game two or three times to make up for it?

ty. i have been leaving it in the drive even when i shut down the laptop, just in case. hopefully im going to have civ v complete soon on disc. i just have to figure out how to install that and put the new code in steam and i will never ask any noob questions again. maybe.;)

When you get Complete, just open Steam and active the key. It will download and install everything for you without you having to do anything else. You don't need the disc at all, since you'll have to download the game files anyway if you install from disc.

Don't worry about asking questions, lots of helpful people around here.

My dumb question: why did you use the key for vanilla when you are going to get the complete version? You just wasted a key?

I suppose for every pirate, there is a person who purchases the game two or three times to make up for it?

umm yes i am altruistic! (well its a nice thought!)
actually, my local shop had civ v, and i wasnt sure if this laptop could handle civ v, so i figured i would spend £10 finding out if civ v ran, and then get the complete (£30) if it did. it did run civ v no problem; heat seems acceptable at about 70C, so i got the complete version now. helping the makers of the game is a nice bonus though. been a long time since i had bought civ 1 and civ 2; then civ rev on xbox, persuaded me to buy it since i had gotten a laptop anyways. having civ v already installed (and updated) also helped; when i put the complete key in, it only had another 500mb of update to add since i already had a 2.7gb update done to civ v.

btw ty to all who have helped me by answering my questions i really appreciate it! :)

Top Bottom