Discussion about Babylon

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - a) Field Cannons and b) 16 Pop, at Turn 130, prove Babylon is too OP, so much so that it needs a nerf.
Both have been demonstrated to be present in games without Hammurabi, therefore neither of those two points stand.
True; but it was something new to me cuz a year before that I stopped playing.. I was beating Deity with no challenge. In my recent games I saw Gaul reaching 350 Science in 800 AD and stomping me with tanks in 1100 AD; I saw Poland having Crossbowmen spam in 1200 BC like 80 turn; I saw Amanitore reaching 500 science in 1200 AD and 900 in 1400 AD and getting Science victory at that time; I saw Bruce starting space project in 1000 AD etc... Under these circumstances I m forced to go back to Emperor or maybe King difficulty in order to learn the game from the beginning. AI has been severely competitive; developers have done great job on it. Lack of challenge was the reason that kept me away of playing it for a year. Now it seems it will keep me busy for a long long time.

PS: However as many youtubers/streamers as I watched playing on deity; none of them had AI's go so fast too far ahead even the distant ones which have nothing to do with their plays. I ve never seen in their game an AI reaching 150 science 230 Culture in 70 turns as happening in my games.

@Manol0

Dude, if you just express yourself and your opinions in a constructive manner, instead of low-key insulting people, everyone around here will respond to you fairly, even when they disagree with you. We're not trolls or sycophants.

If you stay around long enough you'll see people constantly disagreeing. Right now there's a bunch of people, myself included, who dislike the yield dumps introduced in Secret Societies, and think the mode could do with a rework.

Also, from the get go I was not a fan of the +1 Movement to Gran Colombia (not because I find it too strong, but because I think it's boring as a Civ ability).
And I was not stoked for the Pirates scenario since we already had Red Death, and I can tell you I will be disappointed if we get a THIRD multiplayer scenario.
---

Finally, you will probably not be aware, but the reason why people around here are immediately sceptical about calls to nerf a new Civ is because it has happened nearly every time a new Civ was announced in NFP, excluding the Maya. In the case of the Maya people were saying "it's too weak, needs a buff!"

So when you make a thread like this, you have to understand we already have had this conversation. Every two months, in fact. The only thing that changes is the name of the Civ.

Gran Colombia got an appropriate balance to its units, they removed what seemed almost like an exploit from Byzantium, and I will not be surprised if they adjust Babylon. But it will probably not be the Eureka ability.

Anyway, take care!

@Manol0

Dude, if you just express yourself and your opinions in a constructive manner, instead of low-key insulting people, everyone around here will respond to you fairly, even when they disagree with you. We're not trolls or sycophants.

If you stay around long enough you'll see people constantly disagreeing. Right now there's a bunch of people, myself included, who dislike the yield dumps introduced in Secret Societies, and think the mode could do with a rework.

Also, from the get go I was not a fan of the +1 Movement to Gran Colombia (not because I find it too strong, but because I think it's boring as a Civ ability).
And I was not stoked for the Pirates scenario since we already had Red Death, and I can tell you I will be disappointed if we get a THIRD multiplayer scenario.
---

Finally, you will probably not be aware, but the reason why people around here are immediately sceptical about calls to nerf a new Civ is because it has happened nearly every time a new Civ was announced in NFP, excluding the Maya. In the case of the Maya people were saying "it's too weak, needs a buff!"

So when you make a thread like this, you have to understand we already have had this conversation. Every two months, in fact. The only thing that changes is the name of the Civ.

Gran Colombia got an appropriate balance to its units, they removed what seemed almost like an exploit from Byzantium, and I will not be surprised if they adjust Babylon. But it will probably not be the Eureka ability.

Anyway, take care!
If you read carefully my first posts you ll see I never started a quarrel. I just expressed my aspect without addressing anyone.However I was getting 90 % personal offensive and trolling replies. I suppose you are capable to tell the difference between a reply like "stfu you trash noob the game is what is, if you dont like dont play" and a reply like " its not only the Babylon dude; developers just made a great progress as for the AI that why it looks so challenging to you now...". The replies were like the first example. And this happens everytime I post on this forum. As another member mentioned correctly; it looks like this forum having paid trolls.Me personally I reply to everyone according to their attitude.

I like Babylon because it is not just "gether more science by doing X-like it was case for Korea, Australia and Maya. In fact you get less of a science but you can get ahead of tech by doing something else. How is it bad?

I like Babylon because it is not just "gether more science by doing X-like it was case for Korea, Australia and Maya. In fact you get less of a science but you can get ahead of tech by doing something else. How is it bad?

Agree. Babylon is about converting other game currencies like Production, Gold or Faith in Science by spending them in certain ways (= triggering Heurekas). It is a fun concept. I (currently) don't feel that they are OP, but even if that conclusion should be finally drawn, I would not touch the Heureka boost and prefer some other nerf.

It can be hard to balance civs while still making them different from each other. And it is maybe even harder to balance civs in the hands of very experienced players to casuals.

Still. Babylon is just another power creep civ. But as most of NFP, more fun than really "historic".

So...
Ruhr Valley before Jesus was born.
I like it.
Civ6Screen1646.jpg

Moderator Action: Thread closed. Before a thread gets this uncivil, I would expect some of you to report posts that are uncivil or trolling. It is fine to disagree, but getting nasty with each other is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom