1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] Discussion on IQ (split from effect of white people on America)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bootstoots, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

How can scholars argue the most highly driven people emigrate without predicting their children would do well? Dont smart people tend to produce smart children?

2. Hehehe

Hehehe Emperor

The problem with this is that TF is simply wrong, as proven by his inability provide evidence for his claims. And while were at it, did you know that mammals aren't a single coherent group? Do you think that it would be utterly moronic to use the word mammals?
    Nordics tend to lecture the Americans because here in the Nordic countries we simply assumed that the race problems in the US are due to poverty/lack of education. We're good at addressing those things. However, as Nordic countries get more diverse, we're beginning to see the same problems that Americans have, because the problem isn't poverty/lack of education.
    Finland is "just racist"? I guess it's easy for you to say, because nobody actually wants to stay in Greece. But per capita, I think we got the 4th most refugees in Europe back in 2015.
    Look my good man. Here are the facts. For whatever reason (be that "systematic racism" or innate intelligence), groups differ in IQ and in real world performance. For whatever reason, despite the zealous egalitarian crusade, equality has not been achieved (despite best efforts). Why is this? You can either go with unprovable theories about systemic racism and white privilege, or you can go with the peer-reviewed reality (race and IQ). You can either accept the science, or you can be perpetually amazed by the fact that progressive policies, such as affirmative action, will continue to fail to produce equality.
    I think that Harris and Klein were talking past each other. Klein basically accused Harris of being ignorant of racism, whereas Harris maintained that Klein is ignorant of the facts.

Overall, you wrote a very good post. There are a few things I'd like to touch on however. The Independent doesn't seem to link to its sources, which is why I'm going to dismiss it. Overall, IQ is a very good predictor of intelligence (even though I am replying to you, this is sort of addressed to everybody in this thread)

Presumably, the race gap in IQ is an established fact, and I do not a source for that?

If that isn't conclusive enough, science has advanced to the point where scientists are in the process of figuring out the actual genes that code for intelligence. As it happens, those seem to be distributed exactly as one would expect if race differences were down to genetics.

What we see here is most likely a phenomena called elite sample bias. It could be that it's simply the smartest of Nigerians who move to the UK. Intelligence follows a normal distribution. If you only let the cream of the crop immigrate, then of course they are going to do better than average. In my opinion, this phenomena of successful black immigrants only challenges the progressive narrative. If it really is the case that the US/UK is horribly racist, then how is it possible that some black immigrant groups are doing so well?

3. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Maybe (?) if you count Ukrainians/ other slavs. We are talking about immigrants from either Asia or Africa; as in dealing with the refugee crisis. I am sure you are aware of the view in Finland against those "brown" and "black" people; and also against everyone who is islamic.
    Not sure what Greece has to do with this given we obviously host far more refugees than we should/per capita. Or was it a racist comment? :p

4. Hehehe

Hehehe Emperor

I don't think we have any Ukrainian refugees
    No. Why don't you educate me? And please, while we're at it, do tell me how that compares to, say, Greece?
    You should host all of our refugees. After all, you signed the Dublin treaty, did you not?

5. Kyriakos

Why, so you can carry on having racist policies? No thanks; you (obviously meant in general; not you as a poster in particular) should accept your own share, like non-racist societies do. And yes, Greece certainly isn't among the racist societies in the eu; that we keep hosting (even in the present austerity) so many refugees is proof enough of that.

6. Hehehe

Hehehe Emperor

I don't understand why you talk of these refugees as if they were a burden. Has no-one ever told you that immigrants are actually great for the economy (a claim that will surely stand up to scrutiny?). Kyriakos you have a triple win here: free our refugees from the yoke of their evil racist Finnish overlords, and improve the Greek economy while you're at it. Win-win-win. Everybody wins.

7. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

As a French cat would say, l'mao

8. Kyriakos

Careful with those cats and their 'french' :p

Sounds tempting, but i have an even better reason for Finland to take them all in: they will be needed as a foreign legion, in the next Winter war.

9. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Conditions are horrific at Greece’s ‘island prisons’ for refugees. Is that the point?

10. Kyriakos

11. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

I posted that article less than a minute ago, you surely didn't read it.

12. Kyriakos

I can read you fast. (Article also is behind a wall; asks to force-feed me cookies). Anyway, the island towns suffer due to having to host vast numbers of refugees, exactly because some eu countries don't want to take their own share. I am sure this isn't news to you.

13. Hehehe

Hehehe Emperor

They didn't fight to defend their own countries, but surely they'll fight to defend ours?
    I'm sure you guys could channel all the economic benefits you get from immigration into these refugee camps?

14. Kyriakos

Ok, sorry that you were offended that Finland was argued to be racist due to not accepting africans/asians due to non-racist reason. Maybe the thread can return to not being about Greece now ;)

15. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

As Hehehe grasped you are implicitly arguing that refugees are a burden. And the idea that Greece is not a racist society is laughable on its face. Whenever Europeans or Americans of European descent claim their societies aren't racist they're always wrong whether they know it or not.

16. Kyriakos

That isn't a logical conclusion at all. Having 100x refugees is a burden for Greece, while having x refugees for some others isn't one. That said... i am not in the mood for this atm. Let's be reminded that forum posting doesn't bring about any change, mkay.

17. Yeekim

Yeekim Deity

After bringing precisely zero sources to back up his insults and general associated nonsense, Kyriakos predictably wishes to drop the discussion he started, because he is not "in the mood". :coffee:

Synsensa likes this.
  18. Kyriakos

Don't play fascist; no one has to reply to you.

19. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Oh you can edit this

You realise that Sheldon is just a comedy caricature of a very stereotypical "clever person" right? He's not actually a real person you can get any real insight from.

20. Yeekim

Yeekim Deity

I rest my case.