Discussion: Relations with Germany and Russia

robboo

Deity
We are currently trading with Russia...that trade needs to be reexamined at the present time( 2gpt for copper).

We have the ability to trade clams with Germany for silver or 3gpt. That is being discussed
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172756

So what it comes down to now is should we refuse demands.....stop trading with another CIV, give me tech or give me gold. And if so should we refuse both of them or do we have a preferred Civ out of these 2.

We are currently +1 with Germany and +2 with Russia, tehy are currently +3 with each other.

I am leaning towards accept the first one that demands a stop trade with the other...that would be our allie against the other civ. We need to crack their friendship other wise we will be the one fighting against 2 of them.

robboo said:
We are currently trading with Russia...that trade needs to be reexamined at the present time( 2gpt for copper).

As I understand it, copper is not helping them much, so I say keep the trade unless we can get better for it.

So what it comes down to now is should we refuse demands.....stop trading with another CIV, give me tech or give me gold. And if so should we refuse both of them or do we have a preferred Civ out of these 2.

We are currently +1 with Germany and +2 with Russia, tehy are currently +3 with each other.

I am leaning towards accept the first one that demands a stop trade with the other...that would be our allie against the other civ. We need to crack their friendship other wise we will be the one fighting against 2 of them.

I think I'd agree with this - though I'd be interested to hear other opinions. I think we should refuse to give tech and we can't afford to give gold.

Let them kill eachother while we develop our lovely civilization, to kill the survivor of their war.

Hwo do you propose that Dutch??? They like each other more than they like us.

Let's try to trade with one of them a lot, and research philosphy so we can get a bonus for sharing our discoveries. Then ask him to cancel deals with the other one. I don't know if this is possible, if it's possible then it would probably be a long term policy.

Dutch..I would love to set long term policy..however I am term limited this term. Our current problems stem from people voting(a few terms ago) on who we should allie with based on their concieved notions instead of how the AI saw relations. We went to war with the civ that traded with us the best/had teh best relations and because of that we dont have good relations with the other 2 civs.

robboo said:
Dutch..I would love to set long term policy..however I am term limited this term. Our current problems stem from people voting(a few terms ago) on who we should allie with based on their concieved notions instead of how the AI saw relations. We went to war with the civ that traded with us the best/had teh best relations and because of that we dont have good relations with the other 2 civs.

It seems the majority can be wrong.

Fetch said:
It seems the majority can be wrong.

Everyone who has seen the American politics in the last decades could tell you this.

Top Bottom