Discussion, Turns 141 - 160

Wehoo!

18 tiles! As Long as the Carvel doesn't get held up that is 3 Tiles / Turn.

The explorer can move minimum 2 tiles turn (up to 4 if he gets hills, so I would average that to 3 tiles a turn. (again if he doesn't get held up.)

So that would mean we narrow the gap @ 6 Tiles / Turn = 3 turns until Circumnavigation :eek:

Well, that's also assuming that Piffle doens't beat us to it.

I think we should mention to Piffle that a fait accompli is still a violation of our treaty. If they nail the Circumnav bonus because of this, they should offer us something in gratitude for us not making a big deal out of it, as without our 'canal' they wouldn't have been able to do it. After all, we'd like to see an ally have the bonus rather than an enemy.

I'd personally like to see some more screenies of Innovia's land :evil:

Wow! That's fantastic... thanks Dave! :salute:

I didn't realize we were that close.

And yeah, Piffle's move without asking is annoying - but from chats with Killer Cane, sounds like their forums are really quiet, and I think Kunnigas is just kinda playing the saves by the seat of his pants. Given the semi-tenuous nature of our relationship right now as we’re in the twilight between agreement and actually signing a treaty, it is my strong opinion that we just let this slide, figuring it’s a small matter in the long run.

DaveMcW steps up on a soapbox.

I am deeply disturbed by our lack of workers. Citizens are being killed off simply because they have no tiles except jungle to work. We should have 2 workers for every city at this point in the game, and we barely have 1.

If I were domestic minister, I would be tempted to order every city in our empire to produce workers right now.

I understand that some projects like globe theater and settlers *might* be more urgent. But every time you order a new build, ask yourself, "Will this new item help our empire as much as a worker?"

Memphus joins in with an analysis:

Our Cities and workers working them: Going from North to south.

Icy Redoubt: No Workers. What are you going to do with Tundra?
==> Could use a road up there someday. Building Granary.
Memphus thinks we are missing 0 workers. there is nothing to do.

Point Defiance: No Workers. 4 Useful Tiles before worker required. (2 Whales, Sheep, Clam). Building Granary Memphus thinks we are missing 0 workers as the water tiles are of most benefit

Immortal Keep: 1 Worker. 1 Unused Mine, Worker ahead of Curve with Farm. Building Choko-nu.
Memphus thinks we are missing 0 workers as we are ahead of the growth curve
**Memphus Pick to Begin Building Workers. (3 turn workers at that)

Port of Mists: 1 Worker. Building Cottages. Will be lost to Scion City.
==>worker Needed. Perhaps before the next settler? Building Settler. Done in 1 turn.
Memphus thinks we are missing 3 workers. 2 for Scion city. 1 for port of Mists

Capital: 1 Worker. Chopping Forests. Tile Improvement In front of Worker. Building University, then has build of Grocer. Could put in a worker or two, but the capital does like to grow.
Memphus thinks we are missing 0 workers as we are ahead of growth curve, even with substitued forest chops.

Holy City: 2 Workers. 1 Chopping. 1 Farming. As this City becomes huge one Running merchants, it will need more and more farms to stay ahead of the curve. Building Globe theater. Then has important builds of monastary, Market, Grocer.
Memphus thinks we are missing 1 workers. as 3 would be optimal 1 chopping 2 farming to maximize growth.

Argyle's Watch: soon to be founded. 1 Worker. To Hook up 2 gems. Requires Granary and Forge to get up and running.
Memphus thinks we are missing 1 worker

Overlook bay soon to be founded 1 Worker.
Memphus thinks we are missing 1 worker

Mighty B. Lost Worker to Argyle's Watch. Required 2 Workers to clear Jungle. Propose building workers after Froge is done.
Memphus thinks we are missing 2-3 workers

Sunset No Workers. Requires 2 Workers to set up mass cottage spam in jungle. Just finished work boat. No Build Orders 4 Turns until growth if we work the 2 gems. 3 turns if we work the farm. Suggest waiting until city is at size 3 then building workers.
Memphus thinks we are missing 1 worker, as 1 will be returning on a boat

Sunrise: 2 Workers. Have to improve city. Then suggest 1 road to the north. 1 hop on the boat and return to sunset.
Memphus thinks we are missing 0 workers. as this city will have improvements done in no time.

Total Missing Workers in Memphus's view 9-10(Dave how different is yours?)

Proposal:
  1. Port of Mists build the 3 required for it and scion city ASAP staggered with the settler for Scion City.
  2. Sunset build the 1 required for it then move on to infrastructure.
  3. Immortal Keep Take care of the other 6 over the next 20 turns then we focus on Cavalry.

If we change Immortal Keep over to workers for 20ish turns, we will be in a very precarious spot defensively. As it is, we are losing our lead in the PowerGraph. The best way to deter an invasion is to keep our MFG and PowerGraph higher than the other teams.

I realize that in order to keep our MFG high, we need to grow our cities, and that requires workers. But completely turning off military production for 20 turns seems rash and careless right now.

How about we alternate between Military and Workers?

Top Bottom