Discussion: Turns 21 - 40

DaveMcW

Deity
Welcome to the citizen's discussion thread, where you can sound off about anything related to the game.

Elected Officials: If you want your voice to be heard above the others, please post your orders in the Instruction Thread!

classical_hero said:
Are we going to try for a religion and which one will it be?

Well we are still quite aways away from being able to decide that ;)

Because Buddism and Hinduism are gone, so are early discussio nabout religion, as for Judaism, I am sure that will be taken be fore it becomes a thought for us.

Our best chances at an ealier Religion are Confucianism or Christianity, both of which we won't be deciding until roughly turns 41-60 (or even maybe 61-80) :)

Personally I know we are going to research Pottery next, but after that it is really hard to say, I know we have disccused an Oracle Slingshot to get Metal Casting :science:, but to do that we need to get both Meditation and Priesthood.

If we have Copper close then we could go:

Meditation ==> Priesthood ==> Code Of Laws

Or if we meet some neighbours we could get Alphabet and possibly trade

Either way when it coems to research we are ahead of the game since we already have writing and Animal Husbandry, (Having to Research these two techs would put us behind ~20 turns)

In any event it should be a good set of 20 turns! :salute:

Well I had no where else to really post this :sad: soo...

Incase anyone was wondering I just sent this off to DaveShack cause he came online 2 times today, and I figure he is unware the save was a no go in the email

Memphus 10 minutes ago said:
Hey Dave ~

I don't mean to be rude or bug you, but I figured it wouldn't even cross your mind to look at the MTDG turn tracker since it is normal That DaveMcW would post after you saing turn 21 to Loco. :)

However this tiem his post was to say that he didn't get save in the email :(. I figured no one has let you in yet, I knwo he also sent an email, but if you are anything like our team then no one checks the email unless it is thier turn to play. :lol:

So in any event if you already knew sorry to bug you. If you didn't know well now you do :goodjob:

Anyways have a good one

Memphus Member of
Epsilon Team

Fe3333au you were "cc'ed" since you're our UN Rep, and I hope I am not stepping over my civil duty

So hopefully that is ok by the team :salute: if not.... :hmm: I suppose I could be banished to our northern most remote city ;)

Nice having copper so close is kind of huge. Was so scared about scarsity of resources given the custom made map and all.

I would still like to beeline for Priesthood and the Oracle after getting Pottery.

With Writing, we have a 171:science: head start on Code of Laws. We have a great chance of getting CoL first for the religion. We may even get it before the Oracle is built, meaning we can do the Civil Service Slingshot!

If we're serious about the CS slingshot, we need to get a Library up ASAP.

Well it is nice to see there is no shortage of great spots to found our second third even 4th city :goodjob:

As for DaveMcW's Suggestion, I think it could be a great idea to try for even a CS slingshot, it would defiently put us in a position power, but then the question becomes, would everyone form a coalition vs us? (Foreign minister I am looking at you ;) )

Either way now that we know we have copper, our research path (Unless some convinces me otherwise) will be as follows
:science:

1. Pottery starting next turn :woo:
2. Meditation
3. Priesthood
4. CoL

But the big question becomes, because we do needa library ASAP, but we also need a second city and a third warrior for the :) in our Capital (or else one unit would have to come back which I think is a bad Idea)

So as for build options we have the following:

Settler, Warrior, Library.

Personally I think the settler should have a lower priority until our city :food: grows more, and our worker can get maximized tiles.

So that leaves us with Warrior and Library. This Warriors Primary role will be fortified in the city for the :)

Considerations: Barbarians, now we can see that we are in the North, and there is Coast on the east and the west, So our Capital is faily gaurded.

Tonight (or Tommorow) I will reconstruct our map (and post it) as seen and put us on the current date to run some simulations and find out when Barbarians will show up, as well as the Timing for the Library, 3rd Warrior and Settler.

The other timing issue to Remember is we want a settler out before we start the Oracle, As well as the Consideration (I know our Department of defence will probably be :mad: ) about sending him off undefended :eek:

Now I am a rookie but I got to ask one thing. Generally in a solo game I would go worker and chop for the settler then a library. Normally 4 total forests and u quickly can get two cites and library done.

I am probably jsut showing place rookiness but solo I normally go for Oracal by chopping 1st settler then the oracal.

Did that make sense?

twistlok said:
Now I am a rookie but I got to ask one thing. Generally in a solo game I would go worker and chop for the settler then a library. Normally 4 total forests and u quickly can get two cites and library done.

I am probably jsut showing place rookiness but solo I normally go for Oracal by chopping 1st settler then the oracal.

Did that make sense?

It does make sense to use to forests, the only problem is with the new patch they are only worth 20 :hammers: instead of 30 :(

Which means you would need 5 forests for a Settler, 6 for a Library
So we don't have that many around.

Also I believe as Per Kyleran's Advice our Worker will be improving the hills and the Rice early on to maximize out surplus for when we do build a settler.

Another option is a second worker.

Currently needed tasks
Farm/road rice
2x mine hills
4x cottage on floodplains
Road to 2nd city
Improve resource at 2nd city
2x chop forest

That's a lot of work for one worker to do!

DaveMcW said:
Another option is a second worker.

Currently needed tasks
Farm/road rice
2x mine hills
4x cottage on floodplains
Road to 2nd city
Improve resource at 2nd city
2x chop forest

That's a lot of work for one worker to do!

Without a doubt you are right there :worship:

but I think as with the settler beign a little furhter down on the priority the same should be the worker (well at least until the Rice and two mines are done, which would give us +3 surplus/turn more than we currently are getting)

==>special explanaiton for teams memeber who just read that and said :confused:

We Currently have +11 :food: and 1 :hammers: a turn. However our hungry city is eating 6 food (size) * 2, that leaves us with a surplus for a worker or a settler of +5 :food: +1 :hammers:

Alternatively if we worked two mines and 1 farmed rice we would have
+6 :food: + 9 :hammers: which after the hungry epsilonians eat leave us with +0 food but +9 hammers for a difference of +3 a turn (9 vs 6 (5+1))

So personally I would like the second worker to be started once those 3 improvements are complete, (they happen to be the first 3 improvements scheduled :evil:)

So the question becomes (which I need to check in the simulation) can we finish a Library before that :hmm:

But the other consideration is we will need a warrior for that :) to let us grow one size bigger.

Seperate note for Our Glorious President, are we switch to slavery? :eek: (I am not very good with that civic, but DaveMcW if you know what you are doing then sounds good to me)

Hi,

Memphus dragged me in here from our succession game. :) I've downloaded the save and I'll take a look at it but for now I'll probably just lurk around a little bit until I get the feel of things or am handed an assignment. If I have a suggestion or an idea I'll pop in with my 2 cents.

Oso

Hi,

while it's nice that we have copper nearby, I'm still wondering if it can be true that rice is the only resource we have at our capital...? Rice, one of the worst resources? I can only hope that we have horses and/or iron there too, otherwise we would have a bad starting location. :( This also makes the two forests we have in our city radius quite important to keep IMHO, as we have no other sources of hammers except for the two hills. We should keep that in mind when planning what to do next - I think chopping them to rush something would be a bad idea long-term. (The extra +1 health will come in handy sooner or later as well, considering the four floodplains!)

Regarding whipping, I think we should delay adopting slavery as long as possible, following the "What Can Wait, Should Wait" mantra and postponing any anarchy period until we really need it. But if we are indeed going for the Oracle, whipping it might become necessary to beat our opponents to it; at least the city will be able to regrow very fast with the vast amount of food we have.

I have no experience with MP to have an opinion if going for the Oracle after building a settler and/or a library is sensible or not. If we try to get the Oracle however, we should not take any risks! Delaying it to get CS for example would be a bad idea IMHO. If we can build it at full speed, and/or whip it, we should do that and not delay it to wait until a research of CoL has been finished.

But I really like the idea of an ultra-early academy! While we are hammer-poor, we have a lot of tiles suitable for cottages, so an early academy can be really powerful.

Argh, have I mentioned I cannot believe we only have rice at our capital?!? :mad: After researching all the stuff necessary for our plan (Priesthood/CoL for example, if we decide to go for the Oracle), we should try to get AH and/or IW to check...

-Kylearan

We already have AH, and no horses. :(

What annoys me more is no stone/marble. What good is our industrious trait if other teams start with those resources and we don't. :mad:

Remember that Sirian's goal was equality, he didn't have it out to get one team, so what we miss here we will gain later.

Turn 26 - 2960BC

Dark Puma can promote to Combat I or City Raider I. This will heal him halfway to full health. Is there any reason to delay picking a promotion?

Should Dark Puma explore behind the mountains, or head west?

Also, we have enough information to start making Dot Maps™ of city sites.

A much as I want to know what those mountains are shielding (a dragon, perhaps?), I think it would be wiser of us to move SW, so that we continue uncovering the black around Epsilon Eridani.

One other thing - just to be safe, DaveMcW, you might want to post a publuic copy in the UN or your last line in the above post, to ensure that any other Teams that use the term "Dot Map" pay Epsilon Team! the due licensing fees ;)

Top Bottom