1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion, Turns 3 - 20

Discussion in 'Team Mad Scientists' started by peter grimes, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

I think we sould de 9 or 3 with the warrior.

3. topas

topas Prince

I don't think so.

Our turnplayer will create the a turn thread and we'll discuss all matters concerning the turn there.
    Right now there is not too much to discuss since we only have a warrior to move and our only city is building a worker but this will change in some 10 turns...

(But we should also start a seperate thread discussing our mid- or longterm-strategy.)

4. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

This method will make it very very difficult to keep track of discussions, not to mention we will have hundreds of threads in our forum, making it really tough to find a particular fact or comment from the past.

We should NOT be having a separate thread for each turn update, but, rather, one thread to hold all the updates for a certain block of turns (10 or 20 is common)

For now, as you say, there isnt' much to discuss. But as soon as we have 2 towns, a couple workers, and a few explorers, the current system will be a mess.

Please look at how this team handled their turn updates and discussions: I think you'll agree that it's a better system

5. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Peter
    However somebody (who is new or was not here last days) wants now discussed the next turn. Then it's good for him to read one fred only from the beginning. Here he must begin in the first post and read about discussions which are historican facts, til he comes to the post at which the present turn discussion begins, that is complicate and perhaps excluding a new member from posting his meaning.
    Now tinker has open an extra fred for the informations about the next turn. Thx for this. But I 've this rather in the post above.

If we have later 100 or 10 freds it's the same, you have to look allways in the present freds only.

My vote
    Every turn 1 new fred, for few days and after a month the fred will be lost in the sinking.
    All informations for this turn should be in this fred.

For longtime discussions every time a new fred.
    For research, intelligence and other teams a fred respectivly.

6. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I have been on teams which used both methods, a thread per 10 or more turns and a thread for every turn. After having seen it both ways I prefer single turn threads. With this method we know which turn the comments are about. In this thread we have already had an overlap where it wasn't clear whether some people were still talking about turn 3 or already talking about turn 4.

I agree with HUSch on the long term threads too. Now is the time we should be talking about research, production, and the next citizen's work assignment. That should all be decided ahead of time, though it might change if some new information is revealed.

7. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Btw
    we 've a new turn!
    Which direction for the warrior? look here

8. JoeyDawt

JoeyDawt Chieftain

Yes I have to admit i`ve been getting alittle lost reading, I also haven`t been around as much as I would have liked to have been around, hopefully this will change soon.

9. Hummel

Hummel Warlord

Production-strategy:

We have to build workers and settlers as fast as possible. So our workers have to lumber the forrest. It's important that we have at all times 1.5 to 2.0 workers per settler/city. Only with this proportion we can speed up our production and develop our area fast. So this results circa in a production-plan like this.

warrior (now) pop growth
    worker
    working boat
    worker
    worker
    settler
    worker
    settler
    worker
    settler
    ...and so on.

With pottery we can think about a granary (and should build it, i think) and build a warrior after the granary to grow. Maybe we have to change sometimes to warrior-production. Not to build them, but to grow and slave.

10. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

A good strategy, but
    We research fishing after BW and need ~7 turns. So we can't build a workboat after the worker in turn 17.
    Another question: Should we build all with pop 2, the worker chops and mines or chops only, then the mining will cost later + 1 turn more. Without the working on Clam, our commerce is bad.

11. topas

topas Prince

Are we planning to finish the worker via slavery?
    If we want to finish it by pop-rushing, we can finish the warrior before starting the worker without delaying the worker.
    If we build the worker regular, it's of course faster to start the worker immediately after growth to pop2.

I personaly lean towards rushing the worker (and finish the warrior before).

- After the worker I would start another warrior while working the rice to start regrowing. Our worker starts chopping a forrest.
    - When he finishs that chop, CERN switches to a worker (and works the spice).
    - The turn after that we change back to working the rice and building the warrior.
    - When fishing is researched, we switch to a workboat immediately. We should fasten the workboat as much as possible. (worked tile(s) in CERN, chopping, pop-rushing)
    - after the WB improved the clams we should work it (almost) forever. I'd grow to pop2 (continuing the warrior) then.
    - Until we grow to pop2, we should have built one grasland-hill mine. So we can continue the second worker with clam+mine (=3F+5H in the worker each turn).
    - after the second worker we can start on a settler. (The warrior should be finished before hammers are wasted and can guard our settler.)

(I haven't calculated this. So this is just a rough first draft.)

12. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Now it's fine.
    We have to turn and what move?
    We 've so many freds with infos. I don't know what to do.

the warrior move 9 (the same as before) or 8 (as Topas suggest, to see the coast and sea food) or 3 (change direction).

Some vote please.

13. Hummel

Hummel Warlord

8 is my vote.

And yes, we should open every turn a new turn-thread.

Edit:

And please name them all like '3920 BC - turn 3'. We need a clear structure, so that everybody knows where he finds the important threads and informations. Besides the turn-threads we need threads like 'research - gernal discussion', 'strategy - general discussion', 'production capital', and so on...

14. topas

topas Prince

Yes, now we have too many threads on the same theme...

As posted in the "turn 5"-thread I recommend either checking out for seafood (and continue moving NE in the next turns) or move 3 (and continue that direction for the next couple of turns).

edit:
    As posted before, I would prefer one thread for each turn and seperate threads for discussions on our general strategy, research, diplomac...

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

16. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

We 've at least 12 hours time to make the turn. hurrying isn't neccessary.

17. Rantamplanzzz

Rantamplanzzz Chieftain

I would go 3, i prefer to have a general direction of east than north-east

18. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Since we can see what looks like flood plains east of the warrior, I'm in favor of going 3. This will put us on a hill, and will reveal some more tiles SE.

19. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

We 've now 3720 BC.