Discussion (warning: WITH spoilers) of the Severance tv show

Kyriakos

Creator
upload_2022-3-23_15-39-13.png

@Samson @EgonSpengler
@lymond @Ferocitus

I think it will be better to have a thread for this, to avoid using spoiler tags all the time.

One topic I'd personally like to discuss is whether the security tech in Lumon is real or mostly
fake - if it works properly or not.

Particularly things like the elevator detectors for any type of written message (inside the body too).

Another topic which bothers me a bit is the lack of security professionalism (breech by Petey, and more importantly the theorized breech by Dillon). Why did Melchek have to ask Dillon if he smuggled the print out? (the elevators supposedly would have picked that up). Assuming that Dillon retains the memory in the office, he would have compromising knowledge against Melchek and the tech deficiencies (unless he doesn't come back in ep7).
:)

Moderator Action: Back-dated OP so OT posts can be moved over without affecting it :)
(actual date of OP is 3/22/22)

Last edited:
The first two episodes of Severance are very good.
In other good news, Better Call Saul is in the final filming stage.

I love some of the tiny hints and clues in the first two episodes of Severed.
For example, the watch with the red star at 12 o'clock that Mark puts into the drawer when he
changes to go into the Severed area is (I believe) one from the Soviet era. I think there is a CCCP
logo below the 6 o'clock position.
Maybe @red_elk can identify it (if he was born in that era). :)

Professor T is worth a look if you enjoy Sherlock-like crime-solving.
There are some lovely visulas in the series, especially the "puffing" teapots when he
and an autistic girl are staring at collection.

Severance has the potential to be the year's best sci-fi show.
John "You don't f with Jesus" Turturro is good. Still waiting for Christopher Walken to
start dancing on the walls and ceiling of Severed HQ.
I'll keep mentioning it until somebody's outie watches it, and gets a message to their innie
so they can reply here. :)

Professor T is worth a look if you enjoy Sherlock-like crime-solving.
There are some lovely visulas in the series, especially the "puffing" teapots when he
and an autistic girl are staring at collection.

Severance has the potential to be the year's best sci-fi show.
John "You don't f with Jesus" Turturro is good. Still waiting for Christopher Walken to
start dancing on the walls and ceiling of Severed HQ.
I'll keep mentioning it until somebody's outie watches it, and gets a message to their innie
so they can reply here. :)

Walken is the reason I am reluctant of watching this... ^_^

Walken is the reason I am reluctant of watching this... ^_^
You are a riddle, wrapped in a Gyro, inside an enigma. No one messes with Sir Christopher! :lol:

Workers are getting edgy, flirty and angry in Severance.
Mrs Selvig is up to something but it's not clear what exactly. If you've seen shows like this before
then you know, the drill.

I watched the first episodes of For All Mankind; Severance; and Ted Lasso over the weekend. I also watched another couple eps of Doom Patrol. None of them has fully got its hooks in me - Severance is probably the closest to grabbing me by the neck - but they're all pretty good.

I noticed the Apple TV+ website doesn't have a queue, or a watchlist or anything. The "Up Next" feature is only accessible if you're watching through a television. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it's available on Apple devices. Also, the episodes aren't automatically marked as "watched" after I finish them, I have to tick the box manually. Kinda weird if they're just oversights; even weirder if they're intentionally omitted. I get that elegant design is supposed to be Apple's raison d'etre, but these are basic features, imo.

Severance (2022), through ep. 3 "In Perpetuity", is lengths ahead of the pack for Egon's Favorite Series of the Year. There's a ways to go, and of course it could still stumble, but so far, it's brilliant. I forget who said it, but the best description of the show I've seen is, "It's like an homage to '70s paranoid thrillers made by Michel Gondry." The cast are all fantastic, and who knew that Ben Stiller was a good director?

I will watch it at some point. I am still afraid of anything that has Walken in it :D

You don't want to Walken to a bad film, eh?

I gotta fevah, and the only prescription is more bad puns.

Last edited:
Σeverαnce is actually interesting. A bit like a non-3rd world version of Dogtooth.
I am now on episode 4 :)
I was amused that the protesters in an earlier episode said that severance was being used on kids. :)

Top Bottom