Discussion (warning: WITH spoilers) of the Severance tv show

Spoiler All I wanna be is an innie :
Yeah...kinda what a meant by "real-time" with the pacing. Well done indeed. Lotsa tension.

I did not give it much thought at the time but think you are on to something about the child-like folks. Like the black dude who found the baby was acting a bit silly saying " I found the baby" over and over....like seeking attention/recognition for his deed. And the woman sitting next to Mark was loopy. Even Rickon they way he was beating himself up over his reading.

I think the "firing" of Cobel was more a temporary punishment. She seems too connected to Lumon for them to just dispense with her so completely. Her interest in Mark is still an unanswered question for me. Ofc, she could just be inserting herself in the lives of her outties, but she seems to take particular interest in Mark for some reason.

I def think the show is a satire of the workplace/corporate environment

Cobel/Selvig has been testing to see if the severance is complete all the way through. I don't think her house was
next to Mark's by accident.
Spoiler :

Trying little tricks like "my mother was an atheist" inside Lumon, and "my mother was a Catholic" outside with Mark.

Her apparent lapses of memory about when to put the garbage out.

The scented candle used in the wellness session with Mark and Ms Casey was another test. In this case it was not
only the sight and sound of the two people to each other, but a test of the (almost trite) "primitive" nature of the
olfactory sense.

Cobel/Selvig has been testing ...

Spoiler The Cake is a Lie :
Oh sure...no question she is testing severance stuff with Mark like with the candle thing and Ms. Casey. But it seems to me she has this weird fascination with Mark unless I'm just misreading her. I'm thinking here like almost motherly in a way, but just could be a ploy to ingratiate herself. Like when she was observing one of the sessions with Mark and Ms. Casey, seeing that there was some connections there still, she seemed at one point to be pleased by the revelation. The next minute she's like "send Ms. Casey back to testing! " But yeah, I guess Mark is just her little guinea pig. I did not pick up that religion thing initially.

Cobel also seems a bit nuts..ha

Of course, we need to know what is behind the car accident (Ms. Casey's death/kidnapping) and how Lumon pulled that off next season. And what is going on in Testing.

Last edited:
Another mystery that was not solved.
Spoiler What caused Mark's :

red knuckles.

I heard or read somewhere that the writer of the finale cited 24 (2001) as an inspiration in creating the "real-time" pacing. He wanted that "ticking clock" feeling.

An ad for iPhone 14 has a little Severance reference thrown in. Hard to know if it means something or they're just winking at us.

They're just having fun. S2 is one of my most awaited events along with 1899, The Kingdom Exodus and Mike Flanagan's new Netflix series The Midnight Club.

Me, in my head:
Spoiler :

Me, in real life:
Spoiler :

Severance’ Season 2 will begin filming on October 03, 2022, in New York City and will also shoot in New Jersey.
The filming will take more than seven months and is currently expected to wrap up on
May 12, 2023.

https://moviesr.net/p-sci-fi-thriller-series-severance-season-2-filming-schedule-revealed
Seven months? Dang. That's like a feature film. So we won't even get season 2 a year from season 1. It seems like that show doesn't have a crap-ton of post production, so maybe we could get it in June or July? That sucks.

Ben Stiller just announced that filming for season 2 will finish in April 2024.
The release will be not too long after that. (Unless a measles epidemic causes the US to shutdown.)

I want to believe it won't be a disaster. But 2 years later, I'll be surprised if it is not.

Top Bottom