1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion

Discussion in 'Fallout: The Rebirth Of Civilization' started by Thorgrimm, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

This thread will be for the Discussion and suggestions for the Fallout Mod.

2. bd41094

bd41094 Prince

What is the fallout mod about?

3. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

It is a post-apoc setting in Southern California as the distinct and unique civilizations try first to tame the wastelands then dominate the other civilizations. :)

Check out the Fallout: Rebirth of Civilization mod in the completed modpacks forum for more details.

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

4. bd41094

bd41094 Prince

alright, I'll do that

5. (O)ndatra

(O)ndatra Warlord

I'm here, becose you ,Thor, sent me here. Yes, I've got answer for some questions, but last some of them.
    Thorgimm, you offered to change goody huts to tribal settlements. I think this is bad idea, becose how tribe could learn Genetics as example, when it don't know most of people now? So I offer to change messages, and leave their look. Example of messages:
    New tech: "We've found old data storehouse, where was information about (Tech name)"
    Find money:"Your troops find in building dead body of tradesman. On him was(number of money)$"
    Unit Join: "In this building you found old(name of unit). He accept to join you
    New city on that square:"You find some survivors in this hut and accepted to join their settlements to you. They agreed"
    Disturb units:"You find nest of(unit name) and disturb it by accident
    Empty:"You find nothing in this hut"
    Map:"You find old maps of this region"
    My friend also give good idea for slavery. Slaves is unbuildable, but cost much shields, so you could disband them for additional shields. I also think, that place of 15 vault in raider civ, and for mutants cities you could add city names from tacktics. You could add bounty hunters, that is powerful unit, but need gold in resourse box. For tribes you could add special tech "Chosen one quest", which allows hi tech units to them and to all, expect tribes, tech named "BOS inguernity" (I have a pic for it), which allows to build monitoring base to that nation. Also, I think, raiders&slavers&reavers :) mustn't have any cultural improvements, so they coldn't take city forever. And as I've said before boneyard library sounds like wonder, not like city improvement. Another my friend request sound like: "Where that damn Enclave turrets, which I've destroyed in Navvaro???". And, if I mentioned Enclave, why they have USA city names? Maybe you cold use names from fallout pnp enclave soursebook. And Thor please return those mine V13desclav nest, becose my friends almost killed me, when this fackt appear Also what about San-Francisco civ?
    Phew, i'm tired, when wrote all this stuff. Waiting for answers
    P.S.: Civilopedia work in progress

6. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

(O)ndatra, I like those new statements for the goody huts, but I think you also misunderstood. :D I was not going to turn the barb villages into a civ, but only replace the scorps with tribals when I get the critter civ up and running. But I do like those suggestions.
    As for the Enclave, they claimed to be the legal United States Government. So they get US names. :)
    The Boneyard library remains as is.
    The tribals are there only for pumping out units and giving the player civs a hard time. :D So no wonders.
    Good idea for slave units.
    Good idea for Bounty Hunters, but I will probably call the mercenaries instead.
    I do not think the BOS would ever give away their secret of professional armies to the other civs, so I will have to nix that idea.
    It was planned that none of the Slaver and Raider buildings would raise culture
    If you can make the gfx for the turrets in Navarro, I will put them in. My unit making days are done. ;)
    "please return those mine V13desclav nest" I do not understand what you mean by that? Could you explain?:confused:

7. AncientOne

AncientOne Johnny Juwarra

In all respect, i still think (O)ndatra is right bout Enclave city names.. although it is US govt.. i think they never would build Washington or NY to western coast.
    I will think about city names. So far i have thougt these out:
    -DC West - for Enclave,.. now that could be like replacement of Washington DC until the area of the right one is not yet reached
    -Core City - E.O.T.C
    -Cheesemoon - Ghoul.. i think it goes well with the style of fallout and Ghoul ironical sense of humor
    -Indigofields - NCR.. no reason, just seems good name, maybe they have heard tales bout indigoan natives that lived on the area before:D
    -Paradise - Vaulters, they have everlasting positivity;) and egoistic view
    -Vault 69 - Vaulters, i saw a cool artwork about vault 69(i think in a No Mutants Allowed)
    -Race - Reno Mob, village named after it's founder's favourite sport, dogracing, that was also cause of his death, as he lost a big buck and owner of this money decided to kill him
    -Silicon Valley - Enclave,.. it is thought that Enclave found the old science city called Silicon Valley, and that was where Enclave got their great hi-tech thingies to start
    -Replicnational - E.O.T.C,.. all is said, replication nation
    -Continental - NCR, NCR was one of the first people to know that Enclave came somewhere over the sea.. that said they were so proud of their continental heritage, that they founded a village named Continental.. what they didn't know was, that place named like that already existed,.. at least before the war
    Tahoe - Reno Mob.. as they start near the lake Tahoe, city named Tahoe should be one of the first in their list
    Ft. Whitney - BoS.. again, near their starting position towers Mt. Whitney, so named after this is one of the BoS fortresses
    Apocalypse - Ghoul, nothing to comment again
    and do you have Metalcity, if i remember right, that's from the Tactics, although i don't remember whose it was

8. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Ancient One, good suggestions, especially DC West. :goodjob: Keep up the good suggestions.

9. (O)ndatra

(O)ndatra Warlord

So I couldn destroy with tribals Enclave??? I think before, that tribals civ is playable. That sounds bad for me:( :( . About BOS profeccional armies: That is mistake. I've just found, that this building aredy in game. Look my earlier posts (there it called brotherhood outpost, if I remember right) About Turets I have done some work, but it looks bad (I'm bad modeller). V13desclav nest means Vault 13 descklav nest. Look in earlier posts:) :) And you don't answered about Francisco civ :mad: . Also i find utility, that converts FRM to GIF. I f youfind how convert gif to flc, you'll be able to animate heads. And could you change leaderhead of bots to calculator (from final movie in FT).

P.S. Civilopedia work in progress anyway:) .

10. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Tribals have never been playable, even from the beginning.
    that is what we were going to call the BOS monitoring facility before the name was changed.
    The Shi are just that, a minor civ, not playable, so no extras. :)

what I need are the gifs, and backgrounds. I had already made a Children, BOS, and NCR animated LH's, but they were lost in a hdd crash. if you can get me the gifs and backgrounds I can recreate that work.

The Bots have been changed from the calculator to more reflect the Bots from Wasteland. The leader is going to be called the Entity. See my race description I posted for the Bots.

11. AncientOne

i said, i'll send you a advanced industry building.. now i ziped it together.. do i upload it right here

Also, i found current church of apocalypse graphics and splash quite.., well i don't say bad.. but i think, i may have a better one.. church is one of the evil buildings here at CFC, i just must find it to get you a link.. and i think i found a nice pic for splash.. if you want it.

..and.. i have a lots of pipboy pictures now.. if you still want to change techicons, then i may do a punch of them

12. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Sure, UL it here.

link me and I will decide what to use.

Unless you can draw new ones, a lot can't be used for techs. I have all the PIPs that came with FO1,2 and tactics. I could not use a lot of them. :sad:

13. AncientOne

14. (O)ndatra

(O)ndatra Warlord

Thor, you shocked me. I want to play tribals or Shi, so, maybe, i'm make them playable in my comp. About bots, you aren't argue, that i've added to your description history of calculator. Another thing about civilopedia: I want to rating me, so I choose worst description and best description of races. So, worst description is about New reno:
    "Long time ago, before War, was city named Reno “the biggest little city in the world”. It was second in states gambling place, and where gambling, there is always a mafia. Somehow city survived war. Rebuilded, it start calling New-Reno. But when disappeared government, disappeared police so city try to to take control by mafia. During impacts survived only four families: Mordino, Bishops, Salvatore and Wrights. They were trying take control on the city by different ways, but most controlled territory was by “Big Jesus” Mordino. In his science lab “Stables” young scientist Myron create Jet. With help of this drug Mordino get some control on Redding. But even he couldn’t take control on all city. After some time families wrote declaration, in which were written that families could rule like they want in regions that they control, and for questions, which need full rule of city were created senate with members of all families. From that declaration that created central power started way of New-Reno to power in Wasteland"
    And best, I think is Unity description:
    "All started at 2092 a.d. From Vault city was exiled man named Dr. Richard Moreau for murder. This, at firs look usaul thing have catastrophic results in future. He changes his surname and travel south. There he find some other luck hunters, andusing old military maps find base mariposa. Mistake of this group was that they repaired generator, activating robots. Only man who survive, Harold, remembers, tthat his friend was flying into vat. After some time Grey find, that he changed after that. He was looking awful. but fev effect on his mind give him ability to think about wars. He understands, that humans started War and them start it again, so Earth needs new race. He start cllaing himself muster and starts experiments with humans. After sometime he created first supermutant anwith his help start finding others, Ideal was caravans, where lot of people cannot defend them. Trading companies were thinking, that it critters attacks on their caravans, and muster at this time gathered his power After some time hi find new servants. Childre of Cathedral, as they named their selfs begin work as spies. Muster mooves from military base to Cathedral. And all world will be cleared from humans, but was an accidend. In vault 13 brokes water chip and Overseer sends man, that other called in future "Vault dweller" When overseer looks data about mutants, he understanded, that somemone is creating them, so he send Vault Dweller again do deal with that. Unknown what happend later, but Cathedral and military base was destroyed by nuclear explosion. Remnants of mutant armies was defeated by Brotherhood. But supermutants is still alive and if they find new prophet, they strike again."
    About Backgrounds: Here are some of them

Attached Files:

15. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

(O)ndatra, what you do with your mod when you dl it is your business. But there is no way a tribal civ would survive against the Enclave or the Bots. :D

Thank Flamand because I was originaly NOT going to have the Shi in at all, snuggeled smack dab in the middle between the Enclave and The NCR. :lol:

Thanks for the backgrounds.

16. (O)ndatra

(O)ndatra Warlord

We'll see. You just make them. Yes, thanks Flamand for adding Shi civ:) . About backgrounds I have all from FO 1 and 2, but I'll couldn't load files from my comp. Again, you don't rating my descriptions and I havent heard info about desclaw nest. Remember, I've wrote before, that it is wonder for Vaulters, that allow them to build desclaws. If you think, that it will destroy balance, i'm answering, that this mod is very low balanced(I'm dont send critik on your mod, it could be ballanced afterwards). And about Far-go traders. I think, that make a civ from caravan company, that even hasn't it own town, it nonsens

17. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

It's nice. Too high tech, but could fit the last era for one of the most advanced civs that concivably would evolve to that, like the enclave, Ghouls or Vaulters. Also, maybe change the Red color to green, one of FO's fave colours.
    That's my 2c anyway.

Btw, that Vault 69 add, pretty sure it was from Van Buren, Iplay's last formal attempt to make FO #3 from what I remember. There were supposed to be 120 Vaults from what i remember, but naming all cities as one, might get a bit tedious I guess(Unless you're going for "include those mentioned somehow in the RPG's").

18. (O)ndatra

(O)ndatra Warlord

Hi, thor. You dont answered to my post, and I understand you. I want to say sorry for all this critic, and you could bann me from this project, because all my civilopedia work lost with help of my sister.

19. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

I think it would take you a little more to get booted... ;) Criticism and suggestions can be good, as long as they are constructive...

20. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Nah, do not worry about that my friend. But I have been cleaning up your descriptions to add, so no worries on that. And as for getting booted, nope you are valued because you actually want to help.

And I know about RL making things go away. My hdd crashed, and if not for Flamand I would have lost months of work, so no worries on the lost civilopedia stuff. Just re-create it when you can. :)