Disease

LumenAngel

King
I cant find a thread about this, so...

Today, Diease are :
  • 1 Disease :
    • Common Cold (+1 unhealth)
  • 50 Disease :
    • Disentry (+3 unhealthy, +1 Healthy with Modern Sanitation, Sanitation, obsolete with Modern Health Care)
    • Scurvy(+3 unhealthy, +1 Healthy with Lumen, obsolete with Modern Health Care)
  • 100 Disease
    • Anthrax (with sheep or cow, +1 unhealthy, obsolete with Smart Drugs)
    • Bird Flu (with poultry or parrots, +1 unhealthy, obsolete with Smart Drugs)
    • Swine Flu (with pig, +1 unhealthy, obsolete with Smart Drugs)

There is a Disease (Kuru, but look like it didnt work on the actual version (or his pedia dontwork)

All disease have the same effects : unhealth. And all have the same "problem" : having a "No unhealthy from building" make Disease a bonus. Same problem with some Crime, I thing it's a general problem, "Special" building" have to be unaffected by this.

I actually play in late Renaissance, and I totally dont care about disease... All my ities are unhealthy, but I play with lot of food in each cities, so, they still grow fast. And because they grow fast, they have a lot of disease. I have even a 488 Disease city and half of them have more than 250 Disease. But the biggest Disease is about 100 Disease...

To correct this, some ideas.
We need more "classes" of disease.
  • Minor (less than 100 Disease) : give only unhealth or low other penality.
  • Intermediate(100-250 Disease) : give unhealth and some special penality
  • Major (250-500 Disease) : give big penality
  • More disease than in a bacteriolgy lab (more than 500 Disease) : this city will die soon...

So, some ideas of Disease. I keep the "50 step"
  • 50 Disease
    • Seasonal flu (+1 Unhealthy, -2% production, obsolte with smarts dugs)
  • 100 Disease
    • Anthrax (with sheep or cow, +1 unhealthy, -10% commerce from Trade routes, obsolete with Smart Drugs)
    • Bird Flu (with poultry or parrots, +1 unhealthy, -10% commerce from Trade routes, obsolete with Smart Drugs)
    • Swine Flu (with pig, +1 unhealthy, -10% commerce from Trade routes, obsolete with Smart Drugs)
  • 150 Disease
    • Plague (+4 unhealthy, -20% commerce from Trade routes, -5% production, -5% culture, -5% science, +1 Healthy with Modern Sanitation, Sanitation, obsolete with Modern Health Care)
  • 200 Disease
    • Leprosy (+4 unhealthy, -25% commerce from Trade routes, Minor Death Event +1 Healthy with Modern Sanitation, Sanitation, obsolete with Modern Health Care)
  • 250 Disease
    • Black Death (+6 unhealthy, -30% commerce from Trade routes, -8% production, -8% culture, -8% science, Major Death Event+2 Healthy with Modern Sanitation, Sanitation, obsolete with Modern Health Care)
  • 300 Disease
    • Ignis Plagua (+10 unhealthy, -30% commerce from Trade routes, Major Death Event, +1 Healthy with Modern Sanitation, Sanitation, Modern Health Care, Obsolete with Smarts drugs)
No odeas for futher disease, sry...

Minor Death Event : One time -1 population
Major Death Event : -1 population/turn

There is a Disease (Kuru, but look like it didnt work on the actual version (or his pedia dontwork)

Kuru and malaria are diseases but they don't work in the same way as the other diseases. This means their entries will look different to the other diseases and they won't have a disease threshold.

Top Bottom