Distorted self-perception in online dating

I you had these four choices, what would you choose?

• Stay single

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • Get and stay together with an, for you, unattractive partner

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Medicate to make above mentioned partner attractive

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • "Enhance" above mentioned partner to become attractive

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
I haven't actually done that with regards to looks. I actually went for the bowsers on "that free online dating site" and got nowhere. Non-reply after non-reply. It was depressing. Maybe I was aiming too low. But I admit I did have one standard on that dating site. That dating site would ask questions (many user generated) that you could answer publicly. This is an awesome feature. And as mentioned above, allows you to get to know someone that may take many dates to find out. So one question I look for on OKcupid is the oral sex question. Soon as I see when they answer "... is for special occasions" I move on. I'm bad I know, but it is important to me. I like to give and receive. I feel a couple should be compatible when it comes to sex. I have no desire to be with women squeemish about sex.

The only success (in terms of getting an actual date) I've had with that site were with women much younger than me that appeared to want me only for my money. They didn't even offer to split the pay for the first date (I would have paid for it anyways, but I do think it's only considerate they offer). I did have a date set up with another nice woman on that site, but I bailed after getting back with an ex. I may have had potential with her, but oh well.

I admit, I never message really attractive women on that site. I'm too intimidated by that. But I was just annoyed the bowsers thought they could do better than me. They would have been lucky to have me. Their loss.

edit: spelling

Well, I guess I'd have to explore outside the computer and *gasp* make contact with women. :hide:

I think he meant cats.

I stay away from women who like rats too. It's the first thing I look for in their profile.

Top Bottom