District or Unique improvement?

myclan

King
Sometimes I just wonder, to mine a hill to build a district, or just build a unique improvement instead, if there is no resource to harvest and no tree to chop.

By mining a lot of hill, you get high production to build district faster to get gold/culture/fatith/science faster. But by build Unique improvement instead, you finish your district slower, but directly get gold/faith/culture/science that you want.

Please tell me your opinion about how to choose between them

Sometimes I just wonder, to mine a hill to build a district, or just build a unique improvement instead, if there is no resource to harvest and no tree to chop.

By mining a lot of hill, you get high production to build district faster to get gold/culture/fatith/science faster. But by build Unique improvement instead, you finish your district slower, but directly get gold/faith/culture/science that you want.

Please tell me your opinion about how to choose between them

Typically, yes, cut out the middle man and simply go with the direct yields when available. One or two high production cities are good, though, and mines are generally the best way to get that production. But if you generate enough gold or faith, you don't need even one high production city.

Typically, yes, cut out the middle man and simply go with the direct yields when available. One or two high production cities are good, though, and mines are generally the best way to get that production. But if you generate enough gold or faith, you don't need even one high production city.
When I'm playing Sumeria, it seems that I don't have any reason to work a mine to hurry a campus, why not just work a ziggurat on a grassland then build a CH/HS/TD slowly.

When I'm playing Sumeria, it seems that I don't have any reason to work a mine to hurry a campus, why not just work a ziggurat on a grassland then build a CH/HS/TD slowly.
Starting to accumulate GPP early is nice. You just need some luck to get a good one...
But yes, I‘d also do it that way with Sumeria, even if just for the sake of a different experience.

Ziggurats on rivers are very powerful, yes.

Top Bottom