Divine Intervention: Garden of the Gods (Bullpen)

Concerning the powers I have;

The powers given to me by the gods in DI3 - willingly or not - are the only powers that I have. As such, since I have been freed, these powers are once again mine.

Huh? My understanding was that you were the God of Terror, and therefore had power over Terror in addition to the Standard Divine Power Set(TM). In any case, you don't currently have all of your power-although you do have a significant fraction of it. (Clever use of your power, such as the tap on the meteoroid, can get around that.)

[edit] Correction: "shouldn't currently have pi[all[/i] of your power"

...unless the Lord of Shadows made another mistake. (This is Eldritch Magic, so that's the sort of thing you should expect.)

My understanding is that Ashus is something of a synthetic god. He syphoned his energies from all the gods that helped him ascend - including the beast, which he draws his powers of fear and terror from. He was not born from the divine essence that mysteriously spawns the deities and the immortals.

Really? Ouch, that messes up the calcs even more. Yeah, most of your power should be back, even if not all of it.

In other news, I was thinking about trying to expand the number of named subjects under the Lord of Shadows. Here's the current list:

Lancelot the Learned (30/6)
- Drill 1-4/Unit Promos/Warlord/Blitz
- Traditionally a Knight or Cavalry unit, occasionally a Horse Archer
Mercury/Apollo the Reapers (20/5)
- Combat 1-6/Warlord
- Traditionally Swordsmen, Macemen, or Gunpowder units
Richard the Medic (Recon) (0/1)
- Medic 1-3/Warlord/Sentry/Woodsman 3
- Always a scout+
Hei the Phantom (Siege) (20/5)
- Barrage 1-3/Flanking 1-2/Warlord
- Living Siege Engine. 'Nuff said.

just to be certain NoDot, by your own admissions of a Lords power, they sacrificed some of their power to be masters over their realm. So i put that into perspective with the current story. Outside of your realm you should be vulnerable to normal god stuff, that includes Tracnar's power over the Aether.

So I would have to assume that with my Aether withdraw, you are weak in the normal world outside of your realm, and that you cannot draw power outside of your realm outside of it, mostly because then that would mean you don't lose anything, only gain more power. So if you do somehow draw power from your realm, i would have to assume that it is very small at the best, so i think that the current situation would still dictate a weakened state on your part.

@ forest....
Spoiler nfpe :
lol why dont you just give Pericles a unit that he might like to use, or pick a different leader as a evil guy that would like to recive your help.

just to be certain NoDot, by your own admissions of a Lords power, they sacrificed some of their power to be masters over their realm.
Bzzt! Missed by a good long way. The Lords did not sacrifice "some" of their power; they sacrificed more or less ALL of their power to CREATE a Realm. A Realm's creator is automatically its master. Another way of looking at it is that Lords move their power from whatever they are God over to a Realm. They become immortals with a few basic divine tricks left, like AppearInDream. Without the Aether, the Lord of Shadows can't use those, but I don't think they'll prove useful here.

So I would have to assume that with my Aether withdraw, you are weak in the normal world outside of your realm,
Redundant. Outside of ver Realm, the Lord of Shadows in essentially an immortal. Granted, the Lord of Shadows was a mage (magic=/=divine), scientist, and engineer; currently has a planet's worth of subjects; is not human(and doesn't have hands-that's why vi needed to summon a normal chain to fish the trident out of the water); and is being played by an intelligent but vengeful individual; but the Lord of Shadows verself is otherwise quite weak.

Also, when did you free the God of Terror? He got free on his own.

Tracnar said:
"Ashus, I have a proposal for you. The powers of Aether have many uses and Eldarion will never let you go free. I on the other hand have need for you."
Post # 102 in DI4

TheForestAuro said:
The aether wisping about the sword turned a dark, sickly color, before evaporating.
post #103 in DI4

Tracnar said:
At the crater of Old Corinth, if any mortal eyes were anywhere around for miles, they would have seen a soft golden radiance glow bright, then turn into a dimming haze. Then blackness spread. And nightmares were know again in the world of mortals.
post#105 in DI4

It was originally arranged between Forest and myself over PM.
I snuck into your realm, went into the sword and created a bridge of Aether between his prison and where I was on the earth. I was trying to layer it in secrecy and hints, i thought it could be guessed when i posted Nightmares were known in the world again.
It doesn't change anything really i don't think

And about your power... alright, i was mistaken, i thought all your tricks were divine based .... just sorta confusing, with lords, gods and now magic. i think i understand your powers better now.

Ah, I forget people plan things out in advance. I just do things and wing it.

I mean I could toss him a cataphract and be done with it but Ashus is far less interested in promises of power and corruption. I think that he is not as typically evil as one might expect.

If one noticed I didn't even edit last cycle.

I am waiting on Lancelot's reaction to the violence that I initiated in my last post.

I think that he is not as typically evil as one might expect.
I reiterate Lancelot's comment: Ashus STOLE his powers.

Also, ever since the Garden of Elona was captured in DivIntIII, Lancelot's been very insubordinate. Bringing Perceles et al into the "mental world" was her reaction. I would hope that might give Ashus pause.

Well, look at it this way - Ragnar's world was constantly being just completely randomly changed by, in his eyes, "childish little gods". But in order to challenge them, (and ultimately save his planet) he had to become one. Ashus can be cruel, ruthless, inconsiderate, violent, and power-hungry. This is true. But unlike perhaps a more stereotypical evil god he seeks no ill-will towards humanity as a whole.

See what I mean?

Well, look at it this way - Ragnar's world was constantly being just completely randomly changed by, in his eyes, "childish little gods". But in order to challenge them, (and ultimately save his planet) he had to become one. Ashus can be cruel, ruthless, inconsiderate, violent, and power-hungry. This is true. But unlike perhaps a more stereotypical evil god he seeks no ill-will towards humanity as a whole.

See what I mean?

So you say that Ashus' principle is that the ends always justify the means?

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to side with either of the factions at the moment, just shift around the luck of the Immortals down on the planet below

It is a bit frustrating that so many people have set up big stories and then vanished without explanation.

Hopefully Forest and NoDot will return to us soon. But even if they do so, several others have been gone for ages now, leaving some major loose ends in the story and, more importantly, in the game itself.

To be clear, the format can quite easily accommodate people coming and going, so long as they keep their stories and map changes fairly limited in scope (NonPrayinMantis has given a good example of this type of intervention - even if he never returns, there won't be any serious implications for the game). If there are to be any more DivInt games in future, then this should be made very clear in the first post.

With regards to the current game, it wouldn't be much of an effort to tie up the more obvious loose ends, but we ought to give the gods in question a chance to jump back in.

So, if any of the awol gods are reading this (you know who you are), please let us know whether you're planning to rejoin the game at some point.

I'm here, but unfortunately I'm waiting for NoDot to respond to me, which he pretty much hasn't. Ashus is hanging in temporal limbo about ready to stab Lancelot and I'm somewhat unwilling to go through with that without a response, I guess. If he doesn't return I'll slaughter her and we'll all go on with our happy lives.

I check back every day and I'm just as frustrated as you are.

Top Bottom