DLC 04 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worth mentioning the first two dlc have already been in on sale for 20% off - so considering that - deluxe buyers could still get screwed.
The deluxe version has also been on sale. When you get a deluxe version you are getting it based on the idea that you want the DLC immediately when it comes out, not when it's on sale.

The Apadana doesn't appear to have those wings.
I'll look for the reconstruction I'm thinking of later. Maybe it's not the Apadana, but I know it's a building I've seen in a book on persian architecture. BTW you have some wings in that reconstruction as well. They are just further away and not rounded. This might have been changed by Firaxis in order to make it look good on the tile.

Last edited:
The deluxe version has also been on sale. When you get a deluxe version you are getting it based on the idea that you want the DLC immediately when it comes out, not when it's on sale.
For example, I pre-ordered the deluxe for 63-64ish, I believe.

This is the picture I was looking for. An old 'reconstruction' of the Persepolis palaces.
What we see on the icon in the Persia video seems to be building in the back right of the picture. I attached the icon to this post.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-22 um 18.43.48.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-22 um 18.43.48.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 92
This is the picture I was looking for. An old 'reconstruction' of the Persepolis palaces.
What we see on the icon in the Persia video seems to be building in the back right of the picture. I attached the icon to this post.

I see where you're going. The center structure has thick corners which does strongly resemble the picture I put up.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but now that we have Immortals I'm really hoping for a scenario with the battles of Thermopylae and Salamis. It would be great if you had a number of doomed hoplytes at Thermopylae that had to survive a certain amount of time to unlock Salamis.

And I think it is rather safe to see the Mausoleum in the other icon.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-22 um 18.46.52.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-22 um 18.46.52.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 95
I'm really glad that I seem to be off by such a large time frame with my estimation. Then again, since I will have to wait for the mac release...

I'm really glad that I seem to be off by such a large time frame with my estimation. Then again, since I will have to wait for the mac release...

May I say... PC Master race? Even though a mac is strictly spoken also a personal computer?

You seem to be taking it in stride. Some fans will flip out over something like that.

Viking pack = $5
Poland + scenario = $5
Australia + scenario = $5
Persia + Macedon + scenario = more than $5.

You aren't going to get ripped off.

For the UK it is:

Viking pack = £3.99
Poland + scenario = £3.99
Australia + scenario = £4.49
Persia + Macedon + scenario = ???

Probably because marketing realised that 5 lots of £3.99 is less then £20...

I loved the DLCs so far with no complains other then the fact that why are the UK prices different!?

May I say... PC Master race? Even though a mac is strictly spoken also a personal computer?
When I switched to mac products in 2002 (?), I had a variety of reasons for it. And so far I haven't had a reason to switch back. A game or a DLC being released later is not really a reason. And I still think, that the reason to change back must be Apple making a big mistake, going bankrupt etc. and not something the other party does right/better.
But go ahead, say it.

I see where you're going. The center structure has thick corners which does strongly resemble the picture I put up.

I really hope that it is indeed the Apadana. Quite a worthy wonder. It's a shame a certain Macedonian had to go and burn down Persepolis...

I really hope that it is indeed the Apadana. Quite a worthy wonder. It's a shame a certain Macedonian had to go and burn down Persepolis...
Which is by the way not as much supported by archaeological evidence as is commonly thought. The place continued to dwell for centuries. The structure of the city (being veeeeery spread out) was misleading to earlier archeologists. And of course they believed the ancient greek texts and combined was they saw with those texts. Persepolis did burn and was plundered by Alexander, but the 'desolate' state it is in now happened later.

Who else noticed the little Easter egg in the First Look video for Macedon where after capturing the Chinese capital of Xi'an the player renames it to "Alexandria"?

Who else noticed the little Easter egg in the First Look video for Macedon where after capturing the Chinese capital of Xi'an the player renames it to "Alexandria"?

Yes, that was amusing. They should have named another one Bucephala.

For the UK it is:

Viking pack = £3.99
Poland + scenario = £3.99
Australia + scenario = £4.49
Persia + Macedon + scenario = ???

Probably because marketing realised that 5 lots of £3.99 is less then £20...

I loved the DLCs so far with no complains other then the fact that why are the UK prices different!?

While its scummy that they charge more for Australia than Poland when in fact both are the same content, Poland and the Vikings are cheaper than the US and Europe in £, whereas Australia has been priced to be roughly the same. Its probably still the aftereffects of the exchange rate being all out of whack from the referendum. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom