DLC 05 anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CivCube, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greek Stud

Greek Stud Prince

I didn't even guess Indonesia; I can never figure these out. With that I'll guess the Ashanti (Akan) Empire will be led by Nana Yaa Asantewaa (Queen Mother) for the African DLC.

2. ARevera1

ARevera1 Chieftain

The 4 areas that are the most in need of new DLC civs in my opinion:

1. Africa. In my openion there should be an African DLC/Expansion that adds in tons of African cis. The Kongo grow too strong, too quickly being practically alone on such a big continent.
    2. The Americas. Similar to Africa, there is 2 full continents with way too much space for only 3 civs.
    3.South East Asia. There realy isnt any civilization that provides pressure on Australia. Being Australia in a play through will almost always be a winning game because they are too cut of from the world.
    4. Central asia. There is too much space between Sycthia and China. Often leads to one of these empires becoming a non-stoppable Superpower

Hawke9 likes this.
  3. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

@Eagle Pursuit has revealed that his inside information told him it is Indonesia. He is pretty confident in his source, and I think most people in this thread trust EP. But nothing will be confirmed until Firaxis announce the next DLC officially.

c4c6, Xandinho, CivCube and 1 other person like this.
  4. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

Not sure how this works, so please excuse if this is a stupid question. Is there any chance that Firaxis could change their minds on Indonesia, following the leak or is everything been mapped out along time ago? Second, I wonder if they know who they are gonna add from now till the final added civ?

5. AJ22PIZZA

AJ22PIZZA Chieftain

Barely anyone knows about the leak, and they've, by now, spent too much time on the leader screen and code for it to go to waste. Also it would delay the Deluxe Edition extras, which they announced about a month ago.

c4c6 likes this.
  6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Since you mention delay, they haven't updated the qa builds since I revealed it.

7. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Now they did! They are unto you!

c4c6, Leyrann and Siptah like this.
  8. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

That would be highly unlikely. By this point they must be pretty far along in designing the civ and animating the leader, I would imagine they've probably at least started recording his or her audio too, so to throw that all away would represent a significant amount of lost time and resources. I mean as an example, presumably they hired Eagle's friend to help them out in some way specifically for this one civ/leader, so to change their plans now would mean that they had literally paid that person for nothing.

9. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Generally speaking, they would not change the decision based on a leak. If they can trace whoever let it slip, they could potentially fire them or sue them for breaking an NDA, although when it's a "friend of a friend of a friend who works there" sort of case, and the company doesn't actually lose anything from having it revealed, at most they'd likely give them a warning about it, if they could even trace who it was. It's probably not as simple as saying, "Well, we know our QA lead Falcon Pursuit has a brother called Eagle, so that's probably who leaked it."

Hawke9, CivCube and Katakanja like this.
  10. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Now I have the strangest urge to watch the credits the next time I play Civ VI just to see if there is anyone called Falcon Pursuit :lol:

Hawke9, CivCube, c4c6 and 3 others like this.
  11. bbbt

bbbt Deity

I mean, at this point, this board potentially knowing one of the civs in an upcoming DLC (but not the leader/lua/us/uu/etc.) is a significant improvement on Firaxis's part - versus say people figuring out almost everything from game files/Ed Beach's demos.

If they've had any discussion about "leaking" it's probably more like "keep your changes for future civs out of the XML going to current steam builds"

Siptah and WillowBrook like this.
  12. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I have to wait until July for a Civ reveal? How boring...looks like I have to look for a job, but the job market for Anthropology graduates is probably limited :cry:

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Well, I took the afternoon off for my son's birthday, and of course they finally update 2kqa_b.

Hawke9, CivCube, Siptah and 1 other person like this.
  14. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

The evidence that they are working around you is piling up. Its frightening.

Hawke9, Ondolindë, c4c6 and 3 others like this.
  15. Benzombie

Benzombie Warlord

Happy birthday to your son Eagle!

Hawke9, Greek Stud, Leyrann and 2 others like this.
  16. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

EP just got another Spy promotion!

Hawke9, Manifold, Greek Stud and 3 others like this.
  17. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

Wait did we just discover @Eagle Pursuit's secret identity

18. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

I think it will be called Indonesia. Also, this will be the one with multiple leaders, thus DLC06.

Why would I argue that way?
    - It is a more recognizable and marketable name.
    - It is a generic term, allowing the possibility of leaders from islands other than Java.
    - It is essentially an umbrella term for several distinct civilizations that now united under one flag due to European intervention.

Think the difference between Athena and Sparta, and why they are a good candidate for multiple leaders. They are both sharing Greek cultures, live in a similar area, yet representing a very different cultural phase or policy that were so distinct and recognizable. Athena is democratic, peaceful and cultural state while Sparta is described as a stronger, warmongering and organized polity.

I think this is comparable to Majapahit and Srivijaya, they are both Malay civilization.
    Majapahit (and the rest of Java, generally) are more organized, cultured builders with strong military power that are predominantly adhered to Hinduism.
    Srivijaya, on the other hand, is a wealthy and religious Buddhist kingdom that has a strong economy, and good foreign relations.
    Even if it isn't Majapahit (Java) and Srivijaya (Malaya), we can have the Islamic thalassocrat empire/kingdom like Aceh, or Makassar which are still distinct from Majapahit. Moreover, there's tribe confederacy up in the jungled mountain of Papua or Nusa Tenggara which arguably are Indonesian (but of Melanesian rather than Malay tribe).

I don't see any other civilization in SEA that is this different or complex from each other. Compare Sukhothai vs Ayutthaya or Pagan vs Taungoo. The only other civilizations that are this comparable probably are Funan vs Khmer, but too little is known about Funan to even determine if it's more similar to long-lost Champa culture or Khmer.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Uberfrog and Siptah like this.
  19. c4c6

c4c6 Prince

Hhmmm, now things begin to become complicated...:

20. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I really hope you're correct, that would be a fantastic civ.

I think a "Mali" umbrella that encompasses rulers of both the Mali Empire and Songhai is an equally likely possibly for two of the leaders, and would be fun to play as well.

Hawke9, The Kingmaker and Siptah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.