DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just based on how popular he is, I'm hoping that Shaka shows up as a post-Deluxe DLC. That way I don't have to buy him. :p

Mali is my top guess, but Ethiopia and Zulu are close contenders in my estimation.

Maybe a Mali (Mansa Musa) / Songhai (Askia) package for the double leader pack? (but where would be the female leader that I guess they will include?)

You said in other posts that they´ve removed the Aztecs thus far for bug fixes and troubleshooting purposes, maybe Montezuma´ s amenity related bonus is causing trouble with the new gold resource they´re including? Which would be relevant to both Indonesia and the Mali?

Maybe a Mali (Mansa Musa) / Songhai (Askia) package for the double leader pack? (but where would be the female leader that I guess they will include?)

You said in other posts that they´ve removed the Aztecs thus far for bug fixes and troubleshooting purposes, maybe Montezuma´ s amenity related bonus is causing trouble with the new gold resource they´re including? Which would be relevant to both Indonesia and the Mali?

It's all is speculation at this point, but I'm guessing something about it is clashing with cross-platform multiplayer.

@bite The last 500 only took us two weeks. We can manage to accumulate another 500 in the next two, especially if a First Look comes our way.

I'm not opposed to Shaka, but we have quite a few warmongers in game already, The last DLC in fact, had 2...
I'm not sure he could be represented any differently... and if Zulu were represented any other way, it would incite the aforementioned backlash. It would be interesting to see on an Earth map if Mvemba could hold him off, however... I'm not sure where Zulu would start but probably right in Kongo's kitchen

Reading his wiki page, it doesn't sound like he was as much a warmonger as the civ games have often made it out to be. They could make him someone who is really strong in defending - giving all units a bonus against more advanced units, and then some other bonus when civs declare war on him, or for fighting in their home territory. The wiki entry also has him playing the diplomacy game, so maybe he'd have a little bit of that as well. They can still make him a good fighter and tough opponent without being quite like Alex or Monty.

Possible that I was right about them adding the gold resource? Glad to know I am being somewhat helpful

Okay, here's a fun new thing.

They created a brand new qa build, 2Kqa_g, and are now testing Civ GH on it. This build also does not include the Aztec DLC.

Speculate away.

First thought - what happened to qa_e and qa_f? Is there some special significance to them choosing g as the letter? :think:

Second thought - what have the Aztecs done to deserve this treatment? :crazyeye:

As for the mysterious GH itself... does this increase the likelihood that its early testing for the first expansion, or something completely different?

First thought - what happened to qa_e and qa_f? Is there some special significance to them choosing g as the letter? :think:

Second thought - what have the Aztecs done to deserve this treatment? :crazyeye:

As for the mysterious GH itself... does this increase the likelihood that its early testing for the first expansion, or something completely different?

My impression is that 2kqa_g is dedicated specifically to testing Civ GH. I don't think this testing is indicative of what it is at this point. If they update it with frequency over the next few weeks, it will probably come soon, and won't be an expansion. If not, then maybe it is.

Also, if they have an expansion that is ready to qa test outside of Firaxis' own studio (which is why they put qa builds on Steam), it could come out by the end of the year.

Maybe they removed the Aztecs for testing because they are trying out some adjustments to district costs scaling.

There was earlier speculation that the mysterious GH was for the xplatform. Maybe the Aztec DLC was causing a conflict so they took it out for the time being. And maybe they're now testing their current progress with the xplatform, before trying to figure out why the Aztecs aren't playing nicely.

There was earlier speculation that the mysterious GH was for the xplatform. Maybe the Aztec DLC was causing a conflict so they took it out for the time being. And maybe they're now testing their current progress with the xplatform, before trying to figure out why the Aztecs aren't playing nicely.

That's one of my theories. I'm far from certain though.

Okay, here's a fun new thing.

They created a brand new qa build, 2Kqa_g, and are now testing Civ GH on it. This build also does not include the Aztec DLC. But it does have DLC05.

Speculate away.

Wait. What if GH (and the G as well) stands for Grand Horizons, the first expansion, which will focus on exploring, colonialism, etc?

I actually wanted to say "The G stands for Grand Horizons" and then I realized that meant it also fit "GH".

Wait. What if GH (and the G as well) stands for Grand Horizons, the first expansion, which will focus on exploring, colonialism, etc?

I actually wanted to say "The G stands for Grand Horizons" and then I realized that meant it also fit "GH".
That they called the qa build 2kqa_g instead of e indicates that it is an initial and not just some code name.

This is more or less why I don't think its cross-plat, regardless of what it will actually turn out to be. Why pick the letters GH at random if its not at least somehow related to the content of the thing in question?

If it was cross plat then it would be called Civ XP or something IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom