1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 05 anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CivCube, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosty K

Rosty K King

What's the thing with Nena? I seem to have that in just about every game, but didn't remember there was an achievement about it.

2. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Days off in the Netherlands are paid. Ik ben geen student meer.

Hawke9 likes this.
  3. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

It's a rather contrived reference to 99 Luftballons : you need to set off a nuke using a bomber based in a city on NENA while there are 9 observation balloons on the continent.

4. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

There was a song from a German band called Nena back in the 80's called "99 Luftballons" (99 Red Balloons in quite a few English-speaking countries). The achievement is based on that song / band combination.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_Luftballons

I'm patiently waiting for some announcement relating to the next expansion, and stick my head in every few days, read a few pages of this thread then wander off.

5. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

I think we can say with certainty that at least something will happen this month...

Watch as Firaxis proceeds to do nothing and then release the First Look on the 31st :cry:

Hawke9 likes this.
  6. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

Hahahahahahaha oh god please don't hahahahahahahahahahaa

Hawke9 likes this.
  7. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

LOl, nooo, I don't want to wait that long. I told you all a few pages ago, 3000 posts we will get our First look

Hawke9 likes this.
  8. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Warlord

Damn, seriously?? Still no inside info from anyone's sources? I would have expected a first look by now.

Hawke9 likes this.
  9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

They will only do a First Look 2-7 days ahead of the DLC release. And based on how testing is going on SteamDB, they are at least a few weeks away from release.

Hawke9 likes this.
  10. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Warlord

So your estimate would be a first look around July 20th and a release around the 25th - 27th?

I guess I can wait that long...not that I have a choice:egypt:

11. Eagle Pursuit

If they hit an intensive testing regimen by the end of this week, the release date could be as early as the 20th with the corresponding First Look on the 13th or 18th.

12. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

If the SE Asian Civ really is Indonesia, I wonder if they chose a different leader than Gajah Mada. I don't mind the elephant general returning (his Civ5 voice was awesome), but another leader like Hayam Wuruk or Tribhuwana could work. But no Suharto please.

Hawke9 likes this.
  13. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

I just hope that Indonesia's theme music is as good as it was in Civ V. It was one of my favourites there, and since the music quality in Civ VI is on the whole higher than the previous game, hopefully it will be even better this time around :D

Hawke9, Guandao and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  14. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

As long as they base it on a Gamelan song, I'll be satisfied.

6uho Koe likes this.
  15. wiggawuu

wiggawuu Warlord

Do you think the people at Firaxis think the AI is just fine? I just wish the AI was as good as Civ 4. That's all I want. I could care less about new DLC.

16. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I think you're in the wrong topic then : P And I don't think Firaxis has stopped finetuning the AI, but who knows..

17. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

Apparently people who still think the AI is crap don't care about the new DLC as much as we do. I mean, who knows? Maybe the new DLC they'll insert in some patch that might bring improvements.

We talk endlessly about the DLC despite the (relative) progress of the AI because we still love playing the game. I think posts in this particular thread that complain about the AI reveal less about the game itself and more about people's attitudes towards it.

Just my two cents :p

18. Eagle Pursuit

I figure, there are an uncountable quantity of threads dedicated to picking apart the game's numerous and very legitimate problems. This one is for speculation and analysis about upcoming DLC and patches. If you want to complain about the problems, that's your prerogative, but this thread isn't the place for it.

Leyrann and CivLuvah like this.
  19. MIS

MIS Prince

Eagle Pursuit, would you consider starting your own thread dedicated to the timing of DLC05? You could then edit the first post whenever you wanted or had anything new, and I wouldn't have to scroll through 20 comments (AI is bad, Indonesian history etc.) to find yours - the only one I care about

20. Eagle Pursuit

I'm disinclined to do so at this juncture. Maybe when DLC06 comes around. However, it's pretty likely that the speculation party would just follow along to that thread since the two have been combined for 3 DLC cycles so far. You can click on my avatar and select to follow me, which would give you an alert when I post. That would help separate the chaff from the wheat for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.